It felt like eternity that I had been screaming, and I went to the point where I couldn't scream anymore. After a couple of seconds of silent crying I sucked in a breath and opened my burning eyes. Streams of tears and snot ran down my face as I looked around me.

I was surprised to mind my cuffs had been completely obliterated. Pieces of charred and burned on the floor around me. I gasped and saw everything around me fully. The place was in flames and the infrastructure around me had been completely crushed in and the building was shaking as if the whole thing would cave in on itself.

My eyes widened seeing a burned arm stretching out from a pile of concrete, and I could only assume someone had been crushed underneath.

What did I do..? I shuddered and choked out, shakily reaching up my hands and gripped my hair. I stood up, my legs feeling shaky and I held myself steady with my hand on the wall.

My head was pounding like a drum. Each step I took sounded like a gunfire. My eyes searched for an opening, an exit. The hole Jason had made was till there, just visible and blocked by some fallen concrete from the ceiling.

What did I do? What was I?

One step at a time.. I made it to the corner where two more hallways conjoined. Petting around I saw a horrific sight between the flames of the fire. Bodies crushed under the rubble, split in half exploded. Red stained almost every portion of the once white walls.

My jaw quivered as I forced myself to look away. Raising a shaky hand I concentrated, making a large amount of concrete and metal move out of my way, allowing for the huge hole to open up again.

The siren and the flashing lights were still going. They yelled in my ears and burned my eyes. Everything was so bright.

I peered over the edge and down eight flights to the ground below. All the sudden the building shook and the floor crumbled beneath my feet. The building was going to crash down. My head spun at how high I was but I focused and managed to teleport down to the ground, tripping and landing on all fours.

Spinning around I gasped as the building middle cracked more and started to fall inward, bits of it fell. Huge bits of concrete set rates to fall towards me. Scrambling to my feet, I didn't take my eyes away from the chunk of building falling towards me. I spun on my heels and ran away from the building, kicking up dust and pebbles behind me.

I tripped against me fell to the edge where rocks met dirt and grass, turned to lay on my back, propped myself up with my arms, and watched the chunk of concrete crash and bust apart on the ground where I had just been. I breathed and rapidly watched other chunks of the building fall out. Soon enough the building would probably collapse upon itself.

I scooted back a bit, feeling more tears form as I rolled over. I squeezed my hands into a fist, the rocks beneath me fitting my knuckles. I pushed myself back up and sat on my knees. I reached up to take the gas mask off when I remember Jason told me not to take it off. He had warned me.. he was looking out for me.

Something still seemed foggy about him, even though he seemed so familiar. I just wanted to remember. I wanted to remember him. I wanted to remember everything. The thought of it, the thought of him, made me want to cry again.

I stood on my feet, and turned to face the building again. No more... I reached up both of my hands, closed my eyes, and concentrated. I just wanted to remember. I bit my lip, feeling my way through the building. A surge of power built up inside me. I channeled it, feeling my way along the damaged interior.

I growled softly and focused my energy on the middle part of the building, and curled my fingers. "I just want to remember!" My screams pierced through the air as I clenched my hands, digging my nails into my skin.

The building shook and crumbled before me, shattering before me as if it were glass. Huge pieces of concrete and metal collapsed in upon itself. The entire structure broke into huge chunks of concrete and broken hated memories. Huge spikes of earth erupted from the ground and pierced through the rubble, breaking it more. It broke apart and fell like a fountain, washing the area in dirt, dust and rock.

I opened my eyes, full of fire. I breathed out pure rage as I lowered my arms and took in the full destruction of what I had caused. No more.. this was what I was.

Nothing remained. No dreams. No love. No power. Nothing other than bad memories. Memories of pain and misery and lies. They were caked in the dust and smoke that came from the destruction. There would be no more.

And in me there was only rage. I wanted everything to burn in fire and swim in lakes of lava. This is what I was.. until I heard my name..

"Sky?" It called out, calm but assertive. My hand shook as I stood there in puzzlement. It took me a second to register that that was even my name. Confused, I turned around. It was him; it was Jason.

Another boy stood behind him. His mouth hung open a bit and his eyes were wide in disbelief. He didn't say a word.

We stared at each other for a moment before Jason softly said, "You can take the mask off now.. i-it's okay.. I promise." He took a step towards me. I took two steps back and he stopped. I stared into his soft blue eyes for another second before I cautiously went to remove the mask. Once removed it slipped from my fingers and onto the grass.

"Sky?" Jason asked again. That's me, right? That's my name.

"What do you want?" It came out scared and weak even though I wanted to be brave. Something about his eyes made me crumble on the spot.

"It's me.. Jason. You're friend." He was crying. The boy behind him and sunk to his knees and was crying too.

"Jason.." I repeated. I watched as he walked towards me. I stood my ground even though I felt like I was trembling from head to toe. He stopped before me and reached out his hands to take mine. I flinched and took them away, but he gave me a reassuring smile. A real smile. A smile that told me everything was going to be okay now.

"It's okay.." he whispered and I let him take my hands. More tears pooled in his eyes. The stars seemed to swim in them even though the sun had not even set yet.

When his fingers touched mine I felt a rush of warmth and an echo of laughter. "Jason.." I breathed, looking down at his hands. "My friend." I looked back up at him. My cheeks were wet and I tasted the salt on my lips.

Then his arms were around me. His cries were muffled in my shoulder as I slowly embraced him back. "Friend.."

And I smiled.

After a long while he let go and smiled at me, tear streaks staining his soft blotchy cheeks.

The boy that had been behind Jason came up and stood beside him now. He stared at me in disbelief still and his eyes searched my face before meeting my eyes.

My mind searched for the memories of this boy before me. He, too, seemed familiar. Like a distant friend.

I tilted my head at him, pondering his name. Then I glanced down at the golden dog tag necklace and a faint hint of a memory came to mind.

"It's a dog tag necklace! Look, it has my name on it, so you'll never forget me!"

"How could I forget you, Jerome? You're my best friend!"

"You're mine too, Mitch."

"My name is—"

"Mitch." I said quietly. He seemed surprised to see I remembered his name.

"Yes.." his lips trembled as he reached out his arms for a hug, and we embraced as he sobbed into my shoulder. I was crying harder now too as I felt Jason join in the embrace. This is what I was: a long lost friend.

I felt warm and fuzzy. I smiled as the feeling washed over me. Is this what real love felt like?

[Word Count: 2129 Words]
____________________
Whooo! Pumped out another chapter!
Hope you liked this whole chapter of Sky!

Until next update!
- Glitch

Check out my Instagram and Twitter!
Instagram: @pastel.temptations
Twitter: @temptingwish