Chapter 2

Joel's P.O.V.

I've always managed to screw up in my life. I just wanted the best for Ellie, to keep her alive, and safe. I wish that we were both immune so she wouldn't feel so, well, lonely. It would be hard watching your best friend mutating into some sort of creature, that has destroyed the human race and all the hard work that everyone has ever done.

I wish that Sarah got to meet her, I really do. Sarah would of been best friends with her. It's just one of those little things.

Ellie's P.O.V

I guess whatever Joel did would be for the best, but I need him to tell me. He swore to me, but at his very last will. He needs to know I'd forgive him no matter what, Ellie and Joel, the dream team! We fought our way to the fireflies. We must be seriously skilled by now!

We've been walking through this forest for about thirty minutes. I've only just spotted the light coming through the trees ahead. I run forward and push through them. "Ellie! Wait!" Joel calls out. Obviously worried if there's clickers or infected. Or maybe even bloaters? You can hear them a mile off.

I stop in my tracks and turn around. "Joel don't baby me." I reply. I just can't handle it anymore, it's always Ellie don't do this, don't do that. I'm my own person. Who cares if I die anyways? The fireflies don't need me, Riley's dead, so is my Mom. A tear falls down my cheek. I wipe it before he can see.

Joel's P.O.V.

I run to catch up to her, She's so goddam fast. "Ellie! Wait!" I call out again. "Stop!" There's a more worried reason to my calling. Off in the distance I can hear a car engine. She hears the sounds and then tenses. She turns around and mouths out the word "Hunters." Shit.

*Authors note - Do you guys like this story? I know it's still getting started though. By the way if you're currently reading this leave me a comment! Also, I know this was quite a short chapter however hopefully there will be more coming out. I recently started school again for the year and homework is actually starting to flood my room. Another helpful thing would be to comment which story is your favourite so I know which one to update the most! Last but not least is that I also make covers. Get in touch if you want one to be made! All I ask in return is just a little mention. :)*