The Underworld

Forgotten Soul

All Right Reserved

© Rowan Grace

***

"Master Hades-" Thanatos began to stutter, abruptly cut off by the God.

"Thanatos," Hades glared at the God of death, "how can this fucking not be undone? You are the god of death for Artemis' sake! Get the girl back before I have to have Cerberus come and rip you apart!" The God of the underworld raged uncontrollably. 

Clearing his throat, Poseidon stepped forward from the group of eleven Olympians, standing beside Thanatos. "Brother, Thanatos has no control of her soul now that you have unleashed it, she is already dead." He pointed out the angered Gods own physics as if he didn't already understand them. After all he did create them. Poseidon's figure standing oddly in the dark throne room with his Hawaii T shirt, cargo pants and "I love the sea" baseball cap.

"I don't care!" Hades pounded his fist against the armrest of his throne sitting back down. He growled, turning his red blazing eyes to his wife.

Persephone glanced at her husband now understanding why she was dragged from the mortal world to the underworld by Hermes to deal with Hades in the middle of her meeting with Chione. He was in a VERY bad mood.

"Darling," her soft voice soothing Hades temper as the queen of the underworld sat in her thrown next to him. "It was not Thanatos' fault, YOU were the one who assigned the punishment. You can't take your anger out on Thanatos for your own mistake."

The room seem to shift, uneasiness filling the room. All of the Gods and Goddess'  were silent, awaiting Hades to unleash his anger on his wife for daring to talk back to him. It was a bold move for the Goddess to point out to the prideful God that he had made a mistake.

Apollo broke the silence, glaring at his twin sister, Artemis, who stood beside him before he began to speak, "The girl poses a threat to us all now. The entire world is at stake."

"Don't you think that I am not aware of that?" Hades bellowed, "That is the exact reason I am having such a reaction!" He hissed. "How could the mortal girl possibly have a second life though?" Hades flicked his wrist in the air, clearly upset with his own actions and the consequences that had accompanied them.

Artemis stepped forward beside her brother, her long red hair braided on her shoulder, followed by her prized bow and a quiver slung on her back. "Uncle the maiden is sadly under my protection, it is my duty to make sure nobody harms her. As the Goddess of young women it is my job and unlike Eileithyia I do not abandon my job for some other God." She defined him. The goddess shifted under Hades gaze as his red eyes burned like fire seeping straight into her soul. If the god wished he could see anything of her soul he desired, although thankfully Hades could mind his own business.

"Thanatos, is there nothing else you can do to bring her soul back to the underworld?" Hades sighed, combing back his lush curly black hair.

Thanatos shook his head remaining silent. "Master, the girl is now in the mortal world. She posses a threat to us all now."

Hades stood up and began to pace. "Yet you have her protected under your powers?" He turned his gaze to Artemis who was now biting her lip looking for a reasonable response to give without angering him any further.

"Hades, only her soul has been set free. She still has no form." Hera spoke up, drawing the attention off the young goddess. Her silky blonde hair falling off her shoulders, her dainty dress hanging loosely at her side.

Hades threw his hand down a blue flame following off of it. "And who has the say that Artemis," he glared at his niece "or Athena didn't give the girl a fucking form?" Hades snarled at Poseidon begging for to pace again. His sleek black shoes clicked against the marble floor. "Are either of you going to answer me?! Did either of you give her a form?"

"Yes" Artemis whimpered looking weak beside her all powerful uncle. "I did, but you unleashed her soul giving me her to protect as she is a young women." She Growled back becoming harsh and standing her own ground.

Hades glared at his Nice's that stood side by side. "Do not disrespect me, Artemis or I will have you join the titans in Tartarus!"

"That would be unnecessary" Zeus walked in clapping his hands late to the party.

Hades rolled his eyes at his brother. "Fuck you" he mumbled

"What?" Zeus cleared his throat. "Repeat yourself, louder so we can all hear!" Zeus grimaced as Hades threw him an 'I hate you' glare before continuing.

"I said, fuck you, you piece of shit. You cannot come to my realm telling me what to do."

Zeus chuckled. "Great insult brother! Yet you come in my realm all the time telling me what to do. I've heard better! I believe you are the shitty one here, for you let the girl go."

Hades stared at his younger brother in pure anger. Persephone stood up from her thrown setting her hand on Hades shoulder trying to calm him.

It all happened so fast none of the Olympian's saw it coming as they stared in horror. Hades spun around slapping his wife's arm, hard and loud. The goddess of spring fell back startled at her husbands inappropriate move. "GET AWAY FROM ME, PERSEPHONE!" The god raged.

Hades eyes widened in his own horror realizing what he had done, the soft goddesses eyes tearing up. "I'm sorry." He whispered ashamed of himself for his actions ignoring the rest of the Olympian Council as if they no longer existed. The goddesses rage at her husband spilt out all at once. "Well you can make up for that you bitch!" Persephone slapped him across the face. "By finding the fucking girl and giving us back all our needed sanity!"

Persephone's face mirrored her husbands rage moments before. "Wh-what?" Hades stuttered at a lost for his own words, clearly never stood up by his wife. 

"You heard me you mother fucking ass hole! Give us back our god dam sanity by finding the girl and getting control of yourself before I fucking loose it on you!"

The entire council of Olympians shifted their feet and remained silent. Persephone hardly ever got angry and it could come at them if they dared to interfere.

Demeter began to clap. Apollo looked at her and mumbled under his breath "she's gonna get us killed one day" The goddess of grain shot him a spiteful look continuing to clap. 

"Finally daughter you've done something in your life! Now just break up with Hades find some other well worthy god and people will finally begin to worship you!"

The entire council took their eyes off the scene of Hades and Persephone.

"Demeter..." Zeus growled trying to warn her.

"Yes, do you not have our daughters future played out as well as mine, Zeus?" Persephone whipped around from where she had been yelling at her husband turning to Demeter. Her eyes glistened in the light of Apollo filled with tears.

"Momma!" Persephone growled. Demeter turned from Zeus to look at her daughter.

Demeter chuckled "Even Zeus, can probably give you better.." 

"What the actual fuck, Demeter!" Athena yelped

"Well even though he raped me he can give better sex that that thing." She said rolling her eyes at Hades. Before anyone could object the goddess vanished from the throne room in a pile of wheat.

Hera stepped forward setting her hand on Persephone's shoulder as she began to cry. Hades looked down at his beloved wife, clearing his thought. "This meeting is over, Thanatos, Hermes and I will look for the humans soul..." He cut off "Artemis and Athena, both of you will be in charge of the girl. When we find her soul we will figure out what to do with it. Until then y'all must take care of the girl, stopping her from killing us all."

The two Goddesses nodded, staring at each other as the rest of the council vanished. "Uncle, Persephone needs to rest." Athena said.

Hades turned back to his daughters from where he had been cradling his wife. "You don't think I didn't already know this?" He hissed his anger gone and only compassion for his love shone in his eyes. "Leave now" He spat.

Exchanging few words Athena glanced at Artemis before vanishing and Artemis followed.