"Can we get out of here? I hate small spaces."

"Of course, sorry."

He scoots out of the booth, holding the curtain for you.

"Wanna head home?"

"Sure!"

*Time Skip* ~20 minutes later

"Josh isn't home, can I drop my stuff off really quick?"

"Yeah, I can grab your bags from my place."

"Thanks!"

You unlock your door and slide your shoes off. Everything seemed as you had left it. You head to grab a water bottle from the kitchen. As you do, Tommy walks in.

"Can I just set this here?"

He gestures to the couch and you nod. He walks to where you were. You set the photo strip that you were holding on the island. You set the water bottle down and look into his eyes, studying his expression.

"Tommy?"

"Yes?"

"Would it be weird if I called a friend?"

He laughs.

"No, of course not! But only if I can call one of mine!"

"See you in a bit then, I suppose?"

"Just let me know when you're done, I have a bit of a... proposition."

"Okay!"

You look away for a moment. Before heading upstairs, you hug him. Just a quick one, but meaningful nonetheless.

"See you in a bit, Y/N"

You nod and watch as he heads toward the door. He glances back at you once more before he leaves, flashing a smile as he turns away. Once he shuts the door behind him, you bound upstairs. You honestly had no idea who you were going to call, but it would be the first time you had talked to them since you moved. You scroll through your phone, and decide on Jen. She would want to ask questions about where you had been, but you only had one thing on your mind right now. It rings twice before you hear her voice.

"Y/N? Finally! Are you okay? Where are you? Why have you been ignoring us?"

"Jen, I am okay. There is a lot I need to explain, but right now I only need to tell you one thing."

"What?"

"I kissed a boy!"

"What? Who? Why? Is he cute? Do I know-"

"Let me explain!"

"You better start explaining then!"

"Josh made me move to the UK and-"

"You have been in another country and you didn't bother to tell me?"

"No interrupting!"

"Fine."

"He is my neighbor, his name is Tommy, well actually Thomas but-"

"Just get on with it!"

"You're right, my bad! Well he has been really helpful and we have spent a lot of time together. I started to like him, but I didn't realize. Then his friend, Freddie, was arguing with him about me, and well, he ended up saying he liked me pretty much. And I don't know what got into me, but I kissed him! I   k i s s e d   him!"

"Oh my god!"

"I know!"

"I am so happy for you! And don't get me wrong, I love this for you. But I think I deserve a bit of an explanation."

"Probably."

You lay down on your bed and get ready to explain everything to her.

"Well it started when..."

*Tommy's POV*

I practically skip back to my house and up my stairs. I don't think I have ever been happier than I am at this moment. I have to tell someone, and it wasn't going to be Freddie. I sit at my desk and catch my breath for a minute before picking up my phone. I decide to call Toby, who is probably my best friend at the moment. It rings 3 times before I hear his voice.

"Toby!"

"Hi! Tommy! What do you need?"

"Well, I don't particularly need anything..."

"Oh just spit it out! What is it?"

"She kissed me!"

"The girl who just moved in next to you?"

"Yes!"

"Oh my god! Oh my god! I can't believe it! Tommy! You kissed a girl!!"

"No need to sound so surprised!"

"I didn't mean it like that! I'm just so happy for you man!"

"Me too!"

"Well, I was actually just about to call you myself!"

"Yeah?"

"I have a bit of a... proposal."

"Proposal? I didn't know you felt that way man"

"No, not like that!"

I laugh and so does he. I listen closer once he begins to speak again.

"You are off school for the next week, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, me and Wilbur and everyone have been planning a meetup!"

"What? No way! Where at?"

"We were thinking with you, since it is kind of the midpoint for all of us. We could all chip in to get an AirBNB!"

"That sounds amazing! When?"

"Um, tomorrow? Sorry it's such late notice, we wanted it to be a surprise, but it wouldn't really make sense if the host was the only person being surprised!"

"That works great Toby! I can't wait! Is everyone's tickets bought?"

"Um, yeah. We've been planning this for like 2 months."

"Oh, well perfect! But, well-"

"What's wrong?"

"What about Y/N? She's never met any of you, but I don't want to leave her home alone."

"I am sure everyone would love her! Any friend of your is a friend of ours!"

"I can't wait man! I have to tell her!"

"I'm so excited! See you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow!"

I hang up the phone and rest my head against my chair. After about a minute of getting my bearings back, I check my phone to see if Y/N has texted. To my surprise, she has!

Just got off the phone! Wanna come over when you're done?

I text back quickly, affirming that I am coming over. I rehearsed what I was gonna say in my head, but it all went away when she opened her door.

"Y/N! I have a surprise..."