All Because Of Schoolwork

Kagome sighed.

French lessons were pretty hard. The language was beautiful, but the pronunciation wasn't easy to master.

If only her teacher hadn't given them homework, she wouldn't have spent her morning pondering over her notebooks inside Lady Kaede's hut while Sango and the rest of the crew were outside, enjoying the sun.

She was about to stand up when someone sat beside her.

"Oh, Inuyasha." she laughed. He was looking at the notebooks as if they were the most troublesome things in the world.

"Hey, Kagome. Why do you need to put up with this crap?" he asked, frowning. "They're such a bother."

Kagome tapped his doggy ears. "They're not crap Inuyasha. They're called homeworks."

"Okay, but why do you need to do them?"

"Because we're required to."

"But why?" he prodded, just like a child would.

"Well, for learning, silly." she replied, laughing at how childish he was.

Inuyasha shot her a look. "Feh. Even if you do thousands of these, you'll still learn more from experience."

The black-haired girl arched an eyebrow.

"Est-ce vrai?" she asked, suppressing a smile.

Inuyasha's ears twitched. "What?"

"Tu es drôle!" she giggled.

"What are you doing?"

"You said experience, right Inuyasha?" she grinned. "So I'm practicing."

The hanyou shrugged. "Keh. Don't practice on me. I wouldn't understand."

'He wouldn't understand…?'

Suddenly, Kagome got an idea.

"Inuyasha..."

"Yeah?"

"Je t'aime."

"What?"

"Je t'aime, Inuyasha." She repeated, her eyes twinkling for she knew that he wouldn't understand.

At least… she thought he didn't.

Inuyasha frowned, blushing. He stuttered and stammered while Kagome sat frozen, bewildered.

'No! He couldn't possibly know what that means!' she couldn't help but blush as well.

"Kagome… d-did you mean t-that?" the hanyou asked softly, his downcast eyes glancing at her. Kagome had no idea how he came to know what it meant, but she knew she was already busted. She slowly nodded, nervous of his answer.

To her surprise, Inuyasha wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "Ai...aishiteru, Kagome."

She blushed and shyly gave him a peck on the lips. Inuyasha smiled and kissed her, gently but more intimate this time.

Now that was something both of them understood.

----Fin----

"Hey Inuyasha, how did you know what that  meant?"

"Heh, I'm smart, that's why."

"Aww, come on, tell me."

Inuyasha shook his head, chuckling to himself as he hugged Kagome closer.

*Flashback*

"Je t'aime."

"What?"

"Je t'aime. It means 'I love you' You want to confess to Miroku, right Sango?"

"Yes but… I'm scared…"

"Then tell him that. He wouldn't know what it means."

"I guess you're right Kagome. Thanks. I just have to find the right timing."

"Good. Okay, gotta go! I'm gonna check on Shippo and the others."

"Alright."

BAM!

"Inuyasha! You surprised me. I thought you were with Shippo?"

"Eh, Sango, you like Miroku?"

"Y-yes. I'm gonna tell him what I feel."

"By saying Je t'aime?"

"Yeah. I do hope he doesn't know what that means though."

"I'm sure he doesn't. Heh. Good luck with that!"

Did you guys like it? Was it okay? Boring? It's the shortest fic I've ever done. Oh, I don't speak French, so I'm sorry if there were mistakes!

And please comment if you're not too busy. It makes my day. :")