The Truth

*after dinner, Dreamstar, Luna, and Celestia are walking back to their rooms* 

Celestia- *looks at Luna* Why don't you and your daughter go to her room and catch up. I have some work I have to clear up before tomorrow.

Luna- Ok... see you later... *smiles* Sister.

*Celestia walks off, towards her room*

Dreamstar- *nuzzles her mother* Mom, let's go. My room is this way, close to yours.

Luna- *accepts the nuzzle* Ok.

*both of them walk towards Dreamstar's room, falling to notice the figure in the shadow*

???- *looks at Dreamstar* My daughter, you're beautiful, just like your mother. Soon, we will reunite and I will convince you to join me. *sighs* I love both of you so much. 

*once they get to Dreamstar's room, they sit down on her bed. Dreamstar snuggles close to her mother. Luna wraps her wing around Star*

Dreamstar- *whispers* I missed doing this, it feels better not that you're here again. *tears appear in her eyes* I didn't like fighting you... 

Luna- *tears stream down her face* I missed this too, I missed you so much on the moon. *whispers* Fighting you tore me apart, I didn't like it either. *smiles* But, now we are together again.

Dreamstar- Please don't ever leave again.

Luna- I won't, sweetie.*remembers something from dinner* Dream, at dinner you seemed scared. Is something wrong, please tell me? If it involves your evil side, I know what you're going through, and can help you get through it. 

Dreamstar- *looks down* When I came back to my room earlier, she appeared and said that I would eventually succumb to her. Later on, when I was writing my schedule she appeared again. She laid next to me, wrapped her wing around me. I asked her what she wanted and she said she wanted me. For some reason, I snuggled closer to her and felt tired all of a sudden. She was trying to convince me to join her, and I almost did. If I hadn't thought of you, I would have accepted her offer. Then, I quickly got up and left. 

Luna- My little star, look at me. *Dream looks at her* If it ever happens again, tell me right away. *smiles* Do you want me to stay with you tonight, and sleep together.

Dreamstar- *hugs her mom* I would love that, then I can show you what my special talent is since you weren't here when I got my cutie mark. *looks at her flank*

Luna- Of course!

Dreamstar- Mother, who's my father? You said earlier that he could use dark magic. 

Luna- Yes... But, please don't hate me after I tell you who your father is, I don't want you to be mad at me.

Dreamstar- *nuzzles her* Mom, I won't hate you. I know you kept it a secret to protect me. 

Luna- *smiles* Ok... *takes a breath* Your father can use dark magic because he is King Sombra. *closes her eyes*

Dreamstar- *gasps* K...King Sombra... *starts shaking* I... I don't know what to say. *sobs slightly* 

Luna- *wraps her wing around Dream* Sssh... It's okay, he can't hurt you. *sighs* He doesn't know you exist. He has been trapped in ice for almost a thousand years.

Dreamstar- *relax's and snuggles against her mother* Ok... what if he comes back?

Luna- Then, I will protect you from him. I will also be by your side, to help you get through anything. I won't let the same thing happen to you that happened to me.