Praise | 1

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

You looked at the pavement below your feet as you walked home, alone. You do enjoy spending time to yourself, but having company while walking home would be nice.

You were a smart girl— in fact, you were the second smartest in your school. But of course, it seems everyone focused on the person who was first, not second. You didn't really care for attention so it wasn't too much of a big deal.

While your eyes were fixated on the ground and focused on your thoughts, you obviously weren't paying attention to your surroundings.

You feel an impact on your right shoulder which causes you to look up.

There he was himself, perfection turned into a person; Light Yagami.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" He said apologetically, "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Oh no, its fine really, I was the one who wasn't paying attention," You chuckled as you go to pickup the black notebook that fell out of his bag.

Before you can touch the notebook he rushes in,

"Haha, it's fine I got it," He says in a tone which sounds nervous. Weird. "Would you like me to walk you home? Its starting to get dark out." He offers.

"No, it's fine. My house isn't to far from here, thanks for the offer though," You say as you smile warmly at him.

"Wait, I insist. I can't have a girl walking home by herself when it's dark out, haha." He jokes.

You give in, "Alright, but it won't be that far of a walk." Referring to how your house is literally a couple seconds away.

While you two were walking, you feel an uncomfortable feeling, the feeling of being watched.

Light notices your discomfort and confronts you about it, "Hey, you look uncomfortable. Is something wrong?"

"It's nothing, really. I just felt like someone was watching us," You say with a nervous chuckle.

His eyes widen slightly at that, but it simply goes back to normal "Don't worry, its probably nothing." he reassures you with a small smile.

You both continue walking, ignoring the feeling of being watched.

"My house is over here." You notify him once you get in close contact with your home, "Thank you for walking me home, Light. I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem," He says with a closed eye smile, "Have a nice night, (Y/N).

You both part your ways as you walk into your home.

As your key clicks and you open the door, your mom immediately bombards you with questions,

"Who was that handsome boy you were walking with? Is he your boyfriend?"

"No, mom. He's just a friend I bumped into earlier and he walked me home." You rolled your eyes as you walked upstairs to your room.

You lay down on your bed as you rest your bags on the floor and sigh,

Honestly, you were surprised Light even remembers your name. You two barely talk to each other, and not a lot of people know you in general.

Once you were out of your head, you got up and took a shower and did your nightly routine. When you were done you turned on the t.v in your room and clicked across the channels. You paused on the news channel and listened to what the reporter said,

"Criminals are still mysteriously dying by Kira—"

You shut off your t.v. You know you have nothing to do with the Kira Case but it can't help but stress you out. You didn't think Kira was a god because, I mean, come on. There's worse people in the world and god is killing off criminals? You can't say his actions are 100% evil, but killing people is wrong regardless of the way you think about it.

You rested your head on your pillow and tried to fall asleep. Things have been hectic lately and sleep is honestly the best thing you can do at the moment.