Chapter Six: Tonight

~Destiny's POV~

It's been a few weeks since Blake told me about us being mates. He told me that he didn't want to rush anything but he still had me moved into his room so he could keep a close eye on me. Nothing has happened, other than kissing and stuff, but nothing more than that. And cuddling. I woke up in his arms every morning and fell for him a little more each time. He hasn't brought up the whole, changing me thing and stuff since that night but I can tell he wants to talk about it. Honestly, I've been thinking about it a lot and trying to talk myself into it but there's still that part in me that is terrified. Just the thought of me begin a vampire scares me. What if I can't learn to control myself or what if I can't even survive the change. So many things could go wrong.

I was laying down trying to take a nap but my thoughts weren't letting me so I decided to grab a snack from the kitchen. When I was close to the door I heard voices, Blake and Damon's voices. I was about to walk in until I realized what they were talking about, me. I walked a little closer to hear better. "Have you two even talked about it since you told her?" "She's still scared, I don't want to pressure her into it, I want her to want it." "Blake, now you know that she is your mate and if you don't complete it and lock your bond with her, you know what will happen. It will tear both of you apart." There was a moment if silence. What does he mean complete it and lock our bond? "Destiny, come in." Crap! I froze. How did they know I was here. "Destiny." He wasn't yelling but his voice was filled with demand. I wanted to turn and run the other way but instead my body moved forward and pushed the door open to reveal the kitchen and Blake and Damon. I looked down at the floor feeling both sets of eyes on me. Now was a great time to run but I was frozen. I'm not sure if it was from fear or something different but I couldn't move. Damon cleared his throat and stood from the table. "I'll leave you two to talk." And with that he was gone and I couldn't breath. I could feel his eyes on me but I wouldn't look at him. Instead I looked everywhere else to find something to distract from his stare. My eyes hit the fridge and I started to walk over to it and opened it and pulled a water out. The whole time I could feel his eyes on me. This was getting uncomfortable. "I wasn't eavesdropping... I just-" "heard things you weren't suppose to hear." My stomach turned. I still couldn't tell if he was mad. "How much did you hear Destiny?" "Not a lot I swar... just something about our bond." He sighed and then appeared infront of me with his hands on each side of me on the counter. I still couldn't look at him. "Why didn't you tell me." My words came out a whisper. I don't know why that's what came out but it did. "This is all still new to you-" "but I deserve to know everything." I was now looking him in his eyes. He looked hurt and mad at the same time. "I want to know everything that your not telling me, like what Damon ment by completing our bond and what exactly will happen if you don't." He sighed and looked away from me. "Your not ready for this Destiny. That's why I haven't told you." "I think that's for me to decide not you." God what's wrong with me. I've never spoke to him like this before but I wanted to know. He walked away and sat back down so I sat infront of him. He was quite before he finally spoke. "As time goes on, and our bond isn't completed, then we will start to tear apart. Hate each other, have nothing to do with eachother. But being away from eachother will break us emotionally and physically." "Okay, so let's complete the bond, what do we need to do?" He looked at me with worried eyes. "Changing you, is part of it." I nodded my head for him to go on. "Your virginity, we have to have sex. I don't want to until you are ready though." I took a deep breath and slowly looked away. Okay so I know I almost had sex with him before but that was just from the feeling of him drinking my blood. I'm not sure if I'm ready or not. "How long do we have... before that starts to happen?" I was scared of the answer but I needed to know. After a few minutes of silence I looked back to him and he was looking away. "Blake, how long?" "It's slowly starting,  but we have some time before it goes too far." The last thing I wanted was for us to start hating eachother but I didn't want to rush things with him. "I need some air." With that being said I stood and walked out of the kitchen and to the garden. This all came too fast. How was I suppose to know if I'm ready or not. How am I suppose to give myself completely to him if I'm not ready. "I knew I'd find you out here." I jumped and turned to see Damon.  He's been like a big brother to me these last two weeks.  It's nice to have him around. I looked back down. "I think it's best you know." I just nodded and stayed quiet. He sighed and sat next to me. "He loves you Destiny." My heart fluttered. I hadn't heard Blake tell me he loves me but a part of me believes Damon. I loved him back, and I knew that. "I can see why this is a big deal for you, but if you love him, it should be easy for you. It should feel right." He was right. I looked at him before I stood and ran into the house. I didn't know where I was going but I wasn't stopping until I found him. I ran straight into his office, I don't know how I knew he was there,  but I did. He stood with his back turned looking out of the window. "I need to hear it from you." He turned to me but didn't look suprised. He knew exactly what I meant. I started walking twords him until I was right infront of him. "Please, I need to. Then I will know for sure."

He put his hands on my hips and pulled me closer looking in my eyes. "I love you Destiny, more than anything." My heart raced and melted at the same time. That's when I knew. "I love you too Blake." I wrapped my arms around his neck as he leaned down and kissed me. This kiss was so passionate it sent chills through my body. After a minute he pulled away and I looked at him. "I'm ready, I know now, I'm ready." He pressed his lips to mine and picked me up before flashing us to our room and shutting the door. I was ready but still nervous. I knew I would never forget this night with him, or the last night of being human.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(a/n: sorry I haven't updated lately but it won't be long before the next chapter is up I promise.)