Inheritance

Anna:

"You did what!!!" My grandpa hollered again. "You foolish man. How could you let this immature and cultureless girl inherit so much. You change that decision right now young man."

"Grandfather." Angela said. "Calm down. You are not looking at this rationally."

"Oh my sweet little girl. Even when you are shortchanged for her, you still defend her. Though it is alright to be kind-hearted, being too good can also cause a person's doom." Grandmother said.

Bastards. Though I never wanted dad to give his shares to me, what he give me or doesn't is our business. I hate the most when people try and manipulate my family members.

"Grandma, what dad did, he did so after much deliberation. And what he did was right." Angela conjoled.

"Right decision? How so?" Grandfather asked.

"Who's the major share holder of Maxwell Corp?" Angela asked.

"The Maxwells." Grandpa answered.

"And who is Ana dating right now?" She asked.

"The..." Grandpa paused like he was enlightened. "The heir of the Maxwell family."

"Exactly grandfather. As you heard right now, Mr Maxwell intends to marry our Ana. It's obvious these shares will be given to Ana to help stabilize her position in the Maxwell family." Angela explain.

Da Fuck?

I mused internally. Nobody knew about my relationship with Theo until a moment ago. And she brought up the whole story within seconds.

Angela gave me a secret kick when she me looking at her with amusement. Oliver almost couldn't cover up his chuckle with a cough looking at our antics.

"You're right Angela. Your father did the right thing. But you don't worry. With your grandfather around, you will never be shortchanged." Grandfather said and took out his phone and made a call. "Lex, our hotel chain in Europe, prepare papers to notify it's transfer to my granddaughter Angela."

Angela instantly widened her eyes and looked at her grandfather with a happily surprised face. "My Angela gets the best of everything."

"You spoil me too much grandpa." Angela said intimately as she held her grandfather's hand coquettishly.

Grandpa smiled and patted Angie's head at her rare show of affection. Like I already mentioned, Angie always behaves like a proper lady in front of others. Her acting so coquettish in front of anyone except our parents is a rare phenomenon. Maybe that's why my grandparents cherish her intimate acts so much. Because she doesn't usually. If anyone else from their limitless grandchildren dared to hold grandpa's hand like this and called him 'grandpa' instead of 'grandfather', they would get a hour lecture from my grandparents about how to behave like a proper lady/ man.

Of course, I'm an exception since I never really paid attention to their limitless lectures and punishments to teach me how a proper lady should behave. They are already fed up and don't wanna deal with me anymore.

"What about me? I too have a gift for you, you know." Grandma complained, jealous of her husband monopolizing their favourite granddaughter's affection.

"Can I ever forget about you grandma." Angie said chirping, holding grandma's hand with her free hand, acting like a spoilt brat.

"Your sister is quite good in pleasing people." Theo muttered softly to me looking at Angie acting all clingy with our grandparents.

"One of her many talents." I replied, smiling at her antics.

"I wasn't complimenting her." Theo said.

"I don't care. I am." I replied carelessly.

Third person:

While the  Parish family was busting with happy cheers, the Collin family was standing on the side and watching the scene unfold.

"At least this girl is still useful." Mr Collin said.

"But Anabeth can be a problem for us. She is way too pampered by her family." Mrs Collin said.

"Let's just get rid of her." Caroline said, burning with jealousy. God knows how much she hated Ana. That girl took everything from her. Her first position in the most popular award of America, her limelight, her fame. The only thing she was proud of was that she belonged to a prestigious family while Ana was no better than a beggar in front of her. No matter what, she would have the last laugh.

But Ana turned out to be the most pampered daughter of the best family of America. How could she tolerate it? She was burning with hate and jealousy. She had to end Ana. She had to completely destroy her. Only then would thos fire within her be extinguish.

"Okay. Do what you want. You use the family resources if you have to. But get her out of the picture." Mr Collin said.

"Honey-" Mrs Collin's protest was cut off by a look from her husband. Though she wanted to protest to this fiercely, she couldn't. Mr Collin was the head of Collin family while she was just a housewife who enjoyed the fruit of his labour. She was completely dependent on her husband. So naturally, what he says, goes. She couldn't rebel against him.

Mr Collin nodded to the understanding of his wife. This is how a woman should behave, knowing her position. Though Mrs Collin herself was an arrogant girl from a prosperous family, didn't she still bowed down to him in the end and understood her where her place was.

Angela will be the same. Once she married his son, they would brainwash her control her completely. Everything she has will he there's including Parish family's connections. While Angela will be a good little lady and listen to their family's orders.

The Collin family didn't know it then, but this was the start of their demise. What they never expected more was the person that brought their demise. At that time, the cursed the second they plotted against Parish family. In fact, they cursed the second they met Angela. If they never met, Collin family would not have been in the state they were left at.