"Y/n, you idiot, why did you say that?"

"Because i'm a good friend, Draco."

"Father... I think in order to maintain a good name for our family, we should treat Y/n better. I–in public, at least! What would people think if they found out our family issues?" Draco asks father, i know he's trying to help me, but.. is that ever going to work?

"Your sister is a blood traitor, Draco. other high pure blood families already don't like her. I think us treating her the way she has been treated is fine. She's treated as she should. I don't have room to respect blood traitors, not even my daughter."

"I knew it, you shouldn't even bother." I say to Draco with telepathy, sighing as i do. He frowns at me, and looked down at his food. I don't think he wants to eat it anymore, he's just playing around with it, making clanking noises with his spoon.

But then he stands up,

"She's not a blood traitor!" Now he's just being delusional. He called me a blood traitor once, now i'm not? Make up your mind, brother.

"Are you? Are you a blood traitor, y/n?" Father asks me angrily. He already knows that i am. I'm a quote unquote blood traitor. So what is he expecting me to say?

"You know what, Lucius?" I snicker at him while cleaning the edges of my lips with a napkin.

"Y/n–"

"No, mum. I've had enough," I exclaim, crossing my arms against my chest and shaking my head.

"You might as well kick me out of this cursed manor if you hate me this much," I holler, turning back to my father. He doesn't look upset, he just carries on eating, like nothing is happening before his own eyes.

"Y/n- y/n, no," Draco cries out, standing up from his chair to hug me.

But i don't have the energy to hug back, so i just let him cling onto me.

"I can't take this anymore, Draco. i just can't," I sob, looking at my mother with teary eyes. I notice that hers are too.

"Darling, we can talk about this. just please calm down-"

"No, mum, no we cant."

"I'm done Lucius Malfoy. I'd rather live with the Weasleys than with you

"The Weasleys?" Draco asks, breaking off our embrace as soon as the words fall out of my mouth. He furrows his eyebrows at me.

"Yes brother, the Weasleys. They are nice people, they care about me. unlike someone," I glare at my father. I know he doesn't care about me, not in the slightest. So why should i stay? So i could suffer here?

Yes, my family's got money, expensive and fancy things. But none of that could ever make me happy, none.

I don't want expensive handbags, a giant manor, fancy shoes, no.

I just want my father to love me.

"Darling, we can discuss this. I love you dear, okay? Sit down, please," My mother begs, placing her hand on my shoulder.

I try to contain my tears, but they just keep flowing. I can't stop them.

"Don't leave me," Draco hugs me tight again, and i feel the urge to hug him back. At this point, we're just crying on each other's shoulders.

My father doesn't even have a look of guilt in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Draco, mumsy," I apologise, my voice muffled into Draco's shoulder.

"Silence. Sit down Draco, don't cry you little git. Narcissa, let the girl decide."

"I want to go," I declare, as Draco lets go of me. I look at him one last time, sending a message via telepathy.

"I love you, and i'm sorry."

I smile at him weakly, then to my mother,

"I love you, mum,"

And at that, i walk away, using the floo network to go to the Weasley's Burrow.

I look at my family, the manor, one last time before leaving.

"The Burrow."

I burst into tears as soon as i arrive, getting the family's attention.

They're round up at the dining table, chatting and laughing away. But their laughter soon fades when they see me.

"Y/n? Y/n! Blimey, are you alright?" Ron is the first to stand up, running up to me and wrapping his arm around me.

"What happened, Y/n?" Fred and George simultaneously asked.

"It's Lucius again, isn't it?" Arthur Weasley stands up, kneeling down and putting his hand on my shoulder.

I'm still sitting on the floor, crying on Ron's shoulder.

"Oh, Y/n dear," Molly Weasley joins in our embrace. "Just know that you are always welcome here. We care about you, just know that."

"Let it all out, Y/n. Go ahead, it's okay," Ron cooes, rubbing my back.

"Y/n.. We're always here for you," Ginny joins in, looking at me with a soft experession.

I think it's crazy how i feel warmer and more loved here than my own home. I feel more comfortable here,

I feel like i have a family.

A real family.

I love these people so much, i don't know what i did to deserve them. My family has put them through so much pain, and yet they still care about me, and still consider me family.

"I love you guys," I sob, looking at every each and single one of them.

"We love you too, dear," Mrs Weasley smiles, as i run up to hug her.

I spend the rest of my day with my real family. Playing games with Fred and George, eating snacks with Ron, gushing about boys and reading books with Ginny.. Percy graduated already, it's somewhat a relief. I don't have to listen to him shouting "I'm head boy!" anymore, but i still miss him.

I also starting to find a passion in cooking, helped by Mrs Weasley, of course.

Their family is absolutely hillarious, not to mention loving and kind.

Family isn't always determined by blood.

A/n:

Ugh Lucius🙄 Your breath stank.

Anywaaaaays the Weasleys are the cutest family ever to exist.

Change my mind.

You can't.