A Glance: Kindaichi

Start from the beginning

"What did I tell you", Kindaichi said to Yahaba, who replied with, "He's utterly despised".

"There's no doubting his skill at receiving, blocking and serving." Kindaichi admitted. "That's right, it's aggravating" Hinata agreed.

"But his toss is-"

"-the worst"

"-amazing"

Kindaichi looked at Hinata. "His toss?"

Hinata replied with a slightly confused face. "Is amazing."

They stared at each other for second, staying silent.

Kindaichi sighed. "You've never spiked one of his tosses in a match before, have you? They're terrible. They're too difficult to spike."

"Is that so?"

Kindaichi felt disdain fill his heart. "Because he's a self-centered king. He's a setter, yet he can't do his most important job. Letting the spiker spike the ball." Imagine being yelled at for your every mistake, forced to push yourself way too much without any breaks or rests. It's torture.

"What Kageyama needs are pawns he can maneuver as he wills. Anything he doesn't need to win, he throws away."

Hinata looked at him with an odd look, when suddenly someone chuckled. Kindaichi and Yahaba turned to see the bald guy they taunted earlier.

"Let's wait until the match to see if Kageyama is still the same as he was in junior high, turnip-kun", said the bald guy. Turnip-kun???

"Isn't that right, Hinata?"

The two boys turned to face Hinata, expecting some proud of cocky response. Instead he stayed quiet for a while, then shivered, then suddenly muttered "My stomach hurts", running into the toilet.

Kindaichi smirked, turning to the bald guy and saying "We look forward to it".

______

They were warming up when a stray ball went into Seijoh's side of the court. Kageyama went to take it, when Iwaizumi approached him. Kindaichi noticed how tensed he looked after Iwaizumi made his presence known.
The practice match began, and Kageyama was made the setter as per Oikawa's request. Kindaichi watched Kageyama, he seemed to be giving possible sets. The team was.. ok at best. They didn't have a libero, they didn't have an ace -maybe the bald one is the ace?- and the orange shorty Hinata messed up badly. Kageyama seemed to want to yell at him. Classic Kageyama.

Seijoh was about to win the first set, and it was Shorty's turn to serve. He was nervous, obviously, if he lost that point, Seijoh would win. Not that it mattered, Seijoh would win sooner or later.

The ball went up, and- slammed into Kageyama's head. Ouch-

Kindaichi didn't really know what was happening, but Kageyama hit his head? Kindaichi didn't really understand it, but the Shorty seemed to calm down or something. He didn't really car, Seijoh won after all.

They lined up, when Shorty sort of glared at him? Kindaichi just raised a brow. He looked at Kunimi to ask him about Shorty, when he noticed Kunimi staring at Kageyama, then Iwaizumi senpai.

"What's up, Kunimi?"

"Iwaizumi-san's glancing at Kageyama a lot."

Kindaichi shrugged, "Maybe he's just confused about why Kageyama went to Karasuno."

Kunimi nodded slowly, but his eyes stayed on Iwaizumi.

The second set began, Kindaichi happened to be close to Shorty.