...what's a Goody Two Shoes?

HEFIUER HI IM BACKKKK! TODAY IS OFFICIALLY THE ONE YEAR ANIVERSARY OF INCAPABLE OF LOVE <3 I CAN'T BELIEVE IVE BEEN WRITING THIS FOR A YEAR LIKE D A MN-

I hope you enjoy ^^ I want to try and update slightly more frequent than I have before, but I can't really promise much :D

Fun fact, this was supposed to be a one shot, but I was so excited to post something ever on Ao3 (ok not really first thing, but it was the first thing I wrote specifically for A03 and not something I did for my insta au) so I just posted what I had. Back then I didn't even know how I was going to end this, it was supposed to be an "appreciation" fanfic or sorts to Of Love Pain and Soulmates (you should read it if u haven't) but now I'm happy with this story is going

————

Tobio looked up, before looking back down, before looking back up, and then looking back down and-

God, why is the subway system so confusing?

It's fine, you can do this Tobio. Just follow Sensei's instructions. Follow the... pink line? Or was it the orange line? Dammit.

"Excuse me? You're blocking the sign." A voice said from behind him. "A-ah, sorry.." The person behind him -who looked his age- nodded, before scanning the sign and leaving just as quickly. Tobio let out a sigh.

Ok, you can do this. Tokyo Station where are you...

Tobio frowned, he has no idea how to read this- this- thing! Tobio sighed, relenting, and messaged Keiji.

(He'd denied how dumb he was when later Keiji pointed out that the biggest dot in the center of the map with the largest writing was Tokyo Station.)

————

He finally got there. Ajinomoto National Training Center. It was.. overwhelming.

Tobio stood in front of the building, just.. staring.

"..Karasuno High School", a voice rang, making Tobio swivel around. "You're the team that beat Wakatoshi-kun." That's... Sakusa Kiyoomi from Itachiyama Institute. He's one of the top three spikers and he's only a second-year. And I get to watch him up close. Say something, Tobio!

"I'm Kageyama Tobio, I'm a first-year from Karasuno High! I'm a setter! Nice to meet you", Tobio yelled, before bowing.

Sakusa mumbled, "Huh? Yeah, sure..", before ignoring Tobio and walked off. Tobio waited until he was well away before standing back up.

Man.. I'm getting so excited.

————

The floor's.. not hardwood.

"Apparently footage from the court shows up on that screen with a 6-second delay at all times", one of the people inside the gym said out loud as Tobio walked by. "Wow. So you can thoroughly examine your plays", replied the other one. Tobio watched in interest as him on the screen began moving like he did just a few seconds ago.

Amazing.

"Gather round!" Presumably, one of the coaches yelled out. Tobio went to gather with the rest, when the one with glasses called him aside, making Tobio stand beside him.

Haha.. what's going on.

"Now then, let's have word from the Japan Olympics Men's Team Coach, Hibarida. If you would".

The one next to "Coach With Glasses", Hibarida-san, spoke up. "Sure thing", he smiled. "Let's see.. I'm sure you're tired of us old guys talking, so I'll keep it short. 'The Japan Team crumbles before height and strength.' That phrase is pretty outdated by now, Skills and talents aren't meant to be had. They're meant to be shown. When you go up the world, make sure you go berserk. Let's prove to everyone that volleyball is more interesting than they thought."