10

Aurora's POV

Over my dead body I had said, but now, I'm here, Hale and healthy, about to walk down the altar and become Mrs Sebastian Drew.

What a nightmare!

"Why would you people sit down with the Drews and make decisions behind my back? In my absence, you f*cking changed my life, without giving me the right to my own marital status" I had cried out, even swear at my parents for what they did. I was angry and sad. They had tuned my life without my knowledge.

"We are so sorry Aurora, Uncle Thomas wanted to hasten things between you and Sebastian...." I cut them off before they could finish what they were about to say.

"I've heard enough of Uncle Thomas to last me a lifetime. Since when did one Uncle Thomas start making rules for our family? Uncle Thomas this. Uncle Thomas that, like I care. This is my life not his, not his grandson and definitely not yours too father and you too mom. This is Aurora Augustus' life. I want to live it the way I want it" I screamed out. I was frustrated and angry at the turn of events. This is no more the fairy tales life that I wanted, this is reality.

"We are so sorry for doing this to you, child. Believe me Aurora, it's the best decision we can make right now. Take it as if you're doing this family a favour Aurora" My mother hugged me from the back, as I became wrecked with tears.

"Please Aurora, help us" my mother pleaded

"Is he threatening you, father? Is our family being threatened anyway?" I asked worriedly because this isn't my parent that I've always known.

"We can't go into full details, Aurora. But if you don't marry Sebastian, we'll be losing a whole lot of things, especially us. Do this for us Aurora" I couldn't find the right word to say. At that moment, I knew I had to agree to it. I promise myself that I'll get to the bottom of this matter.

"He's a psycho, he's dangerous" I wanted to say it, I wish I could say it. I wish I could cry it out and let my voice be heard.

"Just know one thing Aurora. We're not doing this for the money, trust us. This isn't for money and it's not in any way business related. I was excited in the first place when he invited us to that restaurant for the marriage proposal, until your father enlightened me on what was going on exactly. I'm sorry I'm not a good mother, Aurora" My father had already left the room when my mother said those things. Her words reminded me of what Caleb had said, maybe the Drews are really bad news.

"Don't say that, mother!" I moved closer to her and wiped her tears while she wiped mine.

"I'll do it! For us, for this family, I'll do it" We hugged and I watched the timing of my life run faster than normal.

Days leading to the wedding day were less exciting and more stressful. My mother was the one who chose the entire wedding dress, shoes and jewelry. I was not interested in any, she understood and did her best.

I met with Sebastian sometimes, but it's majorly for cake tasting, or event hall arrangement and rehearsals. All of those times that we've met, we haven't said anything to each other, other than general topics or questions that we are asked and then give answers to. Most of the times I've met up with him, he seems almost uninterested. His concentration was somewhere else and he was always in a hurry.

I had chosen my sister as my chief bridesmaid even though she's always absent from the house. Sometimes, she'll not come back home for days and whenever she comes back, it is to get some of her stuff. We don't talk like we used to do anymore and it actually got me frustrated. Lyla came over once in a while to ask me if I'll be interested in accompanying her to some party or maybe to the mall, but I declined all of her proposals as I was not interested in doing anything. Even Caleb had tried reaching out to me, but I locked up and didn't give him an audience.

I just wanted to stay at a point, try to breathe and hope for a better day.

As I sit in the dressing room, waiting to be called up to the altar to say my vows, I wish I was never born, I wish I had died of cancer, I wish I had never met him a year back, I wish I had said no to my parents and finally, I wish I get out of this alive!.

"You are pretty" A beautiful little girl got my attention as she timidly entered the room with a flower in her hand.

"You're prettier, honey. What's your name?" I asked. She extended the flower to me and I accepted it.

"Aurora" She replied and before I could say anything, Caleb barged into the room.

"Aurora" We both turned to the door.

"I mean the little Aurora" I smiled at the adorable girl as I watched Caleb whisper something to her ears and she ran out of the room.

"You didn't have to send her out, she's adorable and I could use her help walking down the stairs" I joked.

"You're beautiful, Aurora. I'm so glad that I get to see you getting married like this. It should have been a better family, not the Drews. You deserve much better than those people" He stated.

"Maybe if you tell me how horrible they are, I would know what to do, Caleb. My hands are tied here. I can't do nothing" I cried out.

"I can't go into details because I don't know much about it, Aurora but I know those people can destroy one's life once they mean it. Just be careful Aurora and call me Incase of any emergencies" Caleb warmed and I nodded before smiling at him. He's just as protective as always. Already putting on the brother's role.

"I thought it was Pearl who would be getting married to Sebastian, what happened?" He asked

"A lot happened and I can't go into much detail right now. I'm really sorry. Speaking of Pearl, have you seen her?" I inquired.

Lyla walked into the room looking at her phone angrily

"What's wrong Lyla?"

"I just got a message from Pearl. She wants me to take her place. She won't be coming for the wedding"