09

Aurora's POV

"Why were you at the party? Dressed like you made plans to go in the arms of another man when you were supposed to go with Sebastian" My father was furious at my sister. She still wasn't saying anything or explaining how she had ended up in that place with Lucas.

"It just happened okay, daddy. I didn't mean to and I never intended to go there with him. It just happened" I was sitting close to the dining table while my mom was standing with her hands folded against her chest. We know we shouldn't stand up for her. Father is angry and there's nothing we can do at the moment.

"You lied to us Pearl, you told us you were stuck in traffic and made us choose your sister to go instead of you. You made us look dumb in front of Uncle Thomas and his son. You dragged my reputation in the mud by going to that party with another man, Pearl" Even though I think dad was making too much of a big deal over the whole issue, there's still nothing I can do about it.

"Stop making an issue out of nothing. It's not a big deal. It just happened like that and there was nothing I could do to stop it" Pearl screamed back at my dad. I gently stood up unnoticed and started making my way upstairs to my room.

"There was nothing you could do right? You planned everything didn't you? That was why you asked me if your sister would look good in a pink dress. You wanted to make her go to the party while you go with the other man" I stopped on my tracks and turned back because I was shocked. My mother had never said anything against my sister even when she's wrong. Not that she supported her but she always let my dad do the talking.

"No! It was never that. I didn't plan it to go that way. I only intended to make her go with me to the party, not let her go by herself. I was so scared of the possibility of something bad happening to her. You both won't understand how relieved I felt when I saw her doing fine" she explained.

"You got involved with a guy who disappeared for years and only to come back to be seen with my daughter for the first time in public. He could have hurt you. You know what, you're grounded" What!

"Excuse me dad! I'm 24 and there's no way on earth that you'll ground me. I'm only staying in this house because of Aurora. I'll move out, trust me, I'll move out of your house and damn your stupid rules"

"All because you're involved with a big shot, underground mafia's son doesn't mean you're now on top of the world, child"

She stormed out of the room almost hitting my shoulder as she walked away angrily.

My parents were silent for a while before my mom finally spoke up. "We should make a phone call to Uncle Thomas by morning and let him know we're sorry for any inconvenience we could have caused"

"Go to bed, Aurora" Their current state of mind made it difficult for them to notice the marks on my neck. I'll have to use a lot of concealer to cover it up and wear turtleneck tops to hide the bruise until it finally disappears.

I almost opened the door to my room but instead I turned and went to my sister's room.

Her room looks more girly than mine. Everything in that room is pink, Like a Barbie or a Disney princess vomited in her room. Her taste of color varies from pink to nude pink to baby pink to peach.

Excuse me! That's all the same color.

I tried helping her design her room once but I got tired when she won't stop choosing pink for everything that will be placed in every corner of that room.

I walked in without knocking and saw her sprawled on the bed, her hair was all over the place. I sat on her bed, hoping she'll sit up and look at me.

Instead she said' "Go away"

"I never knew his father was in the mafia until dad mentioned it tonight" I said trying to break the tension.

"You didn't even know anything about him" she said

"Well, I do. I heard about his disappearance from Lyla" Lyla is Henry's younger sister and we were in the same class throughout high school. Lyla was always talking about her brother, Henry and his group of friends. I never questioned her about who was who until I saw them tonight and realized who they are all.

"Good thing for you then. I didn't even know who he was before I got involved with him" She confessed

"He's hot though and he looks like a lost puppy" I commented and she laughed.

"Seriously, what happened to your neck? Did Sebastian hurt you? Or did he give you those love bites" She asked half-worried and half-excited.

"No Sebastian didn't hurt me. I wore a really tight choker and before I knew it, it left marks" I half lied about it. My sister didn't believe me, the look she gave me made me doubt that she actually believed what I said.

"You wore a choker, really sis? You want me to believe that. I know you more than anyone Aurora. You don't like things like that" She stated. "Don't lie to me , Aurora. If he did anything to hurt you, I'll hunt him down and kill him" she added

"I'm fine Pearl, I wore a choker because I wanted to look good for the party. It's in vogue, so I thought why not give it a try. Moreover, you can't kill him, he's your soon to be husband, right?" I asked

"I don't think that'll be possible anymore, Aurora. I don't want to get married. I don't even want to live under this roof anymore. We're supposed to be staying on our own already. I'm here because of you Aurora. I know they wouldn't let you go due to your health issues and I can't even imagine how lonely you'll be if I leave. I want to go Aurora but I can't" She stated

"The earlier you people realize that I'm fine, the faster y'all are gonna move on with your lives. If you want to go sister, go! You're a little birdie, you're not supposed to be caged. You have a job, you have a car and you even have your own savings, so do your thing girl" I advised her.

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine. Sometimes...." I was stopped by the sudden opening of the door. It was my father looking at us with worry etched on his face

"Aurora, Uncle Thomas requested for your hand in marriage to his grandson"

"What did you say to that, dad?"

"I didn't have a choice princess, I agreed"