Chapter 12 - Fall

Annika POV

Time continues to move, with Shima enrolled in UA, his journey as a hero grows closer as well. More years pass, and Yosuke and I are officially married; I'm officially Annika Yosuke, which led me to call Yosuke by his first name Aoki. I can't help but smile at the magical day; it's no surprise that my family didn't come, but with all the love and support from Aoki's, I didn't mind at all.

The one person on my mind that worries me from time to time is Dabi. I haven't seen him since the wedding, I invited him, but he wasn't at the ceremony. He came in once I had my wedding dress on, congratulating me and giving parting words. At the time, I didn't notice he was saying goodbye, but when I think about it now, I wish I would have caught him before he got away.

Flashback

Smiling at myself in the mirror, I wait patiently for Aoki's mom to come back with some water. 

"You look amazing, Annika."

Turning around, I see Dabi in a button-up smiling at me softly; I return it, "Dabi."

Rushing over to him, I pull him into a warm hug; pulling away, I look up at him, "You've grown so much since the last time I saw you."

He continues to smile down at me, "I'm so glad to see you happy, Annika, I'm so happy you found your true love."

I feel my eyes water but I push them back, before I could reply, he walks to the vanity taking a flower and putting it in my curly hair. "Make sure you save me a bowl."

I chuckle a bit, "Of course, I always have a bowl ready for you. After the wedding, I'll send Shima to get it for you."

He nods, "Thank you."

I smile before turning to look at the time.

"For everything."

Turning around to look at Dabi, he vanishes like he wasn't even there. 

"Dabi?"

Looking at my vanity, I see a blue rose placed next to my white rose bouquet, leaving the only proof that he was there. I expected to see him later, as I placed the blue rose in the bundle of flowers. Later on, I found out that was false as I haven't seen him since. 

Flashback Over

Ever since that day, I would always make a bowl of cold soba, just in case he came back. And when it went bad, I would toss it out and make another bowl. Watching the news, I smile as the rising hero Genzyme saves japan citizens while taking down villains and saving the day. Smiling at the sight of Shimura helping those in need, I silently cheer him on.

I can't believe he's already 20; it seems like just yesterday when he was got his letter from UA. I know his mother is smiling down at him and all he's accomplished. 

Feeling a bit stiff, I stand to stretch; wanting to take a nap, I feel someone pull me back. Smelling a familiar scent, I smile, "Hello, beautiful."

I giggle as Aoki plants a kiss on my cheek; turning me around, he lifts me up and downs me in butterfly kisses. I chuckle as he tickles me a bit, "Aoki!"

He chuckles deeply, "You're not getting away from me this time."

I smile at his words; while I do miss Shima, Aoki has been determined to keep me smiling and vice versa. While Shima is busy with hero work, he makes time to visit us, but it will never be enough in our eyes. Since we're alone throughout the days, he would shower me in love and kisses, but I can't complain; everything just seems perfect.

Days go by once more, walking through the city in the search for a gift for Aoki's and I's anniversary, I find the day to be peaceful. All of a sudden, I hear a crash; looking up, I see some parts of the building fall. Seeing a woman and man stare above them in shock, I start to run only for the parts to turn into dust. Staring wide-eyed, I look over to see appear right in front of me, "Hi Annika!"

I smile brightly before pulling him into a hug, "Shima!"

He hugs me back, resting his head on top of mine. Soaking in his appearance, he smiles at me brightly in his light blue sweater and dark pants. "I would love to catch up, but I have to deal with something, so stay safe, I'll be right back."

Nodding, he runs off, facing the villain trying to hide in the crowd, smiling at the sight I see blue flames cover the busy street. Rushing in, I help people get away, healing some injuries here and there. 

I hear Shima's angered yet shocked tone, "You?!"

I look up; my eyes widen at the sight as tears slowly fall from my eyes. "Long time no see, Shimura~."

I whisper softly, "No, it can't be."

I don't know how he heard me, but he did; giving me a sad smile, he walks over to me, "Annika."

Before he could come any closer, Shima stands in front of me protectively, "Don't come any closer."

Stopping, he respects his wishes, staring into my saddened and shocked eyes, "I hope you saved me a bowl."

Tears continue to spill as I stare, unable to utter a single word. Smiling sadly, he looks down before giving an evil grin to Shima, "This won't be the last of me."

Letting his flames dance around him he vanishes leaving nothing but destruction behind. I finally fall to my knees, letting my tears pour out as I feel an aching pain in my chest.