Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Ow, what was that for?" He cries out.

Big baby I didn't even hit him that hard.

"You two need to cut that out. I never know when you two are serious." I then turn to Emmy, "how do you put up with these two?"

She chuckles and shakes her head, "when you have been around them as much as I have been, you start to see they never take anything serious. Everything is a joke to them. I don't think I have ever seen them have a real argument, so do what I do; ignore them." She says.

I am still mad. Jesse knows I'm nervous and all he can do is joke around. He doesn't understand how bad my brother and sister can be. They always had something negative to say about people they meet. The reason they don't have many friends.

"Whatever," I walk off leaving them there and head towards the front door.

Jesse catches up with me as I reach the door, "I'm sorry. I know you are nervous about your family meeting mine but just relax everything is going to go great." He holds me close to him and rubs my back.

God, I am being such a drama queen. I am overreacting over every little thing. God, I am starting to wonder how Jesse can put up with me.

"I'm sorry. I know. Ugh, I'm acting like such a drama queen."

He chuckles in my ear and then turns to kiss me on my cheek, "but you're my drama queen."

I roll my eyes as I take my head off his shoulder and look at him. He is grinning.

"You're suppose to lie to me and tell me I'm not a drama queen."

"Baby lying gets you no where and besides I like that you're a bit of a drama queen. You look adorable when you get worked up about things." He kisses me again.

"You're such an ass!" I pout at him.

"But I'm your ass." He smirks at me.

I remember how at one point I hated that smirk, but now it just sends shivers down my spine. I kiss him on the nose when someone clears their throat. We turn to see his dad and aunt staring at us, they are both smiling.

"Told you they were going to forget about us." Craig says.

Jesse mumbles something under his breath and grabs my hand.

"Well it's now or never, come on they are waiting for us." I lead them inside and take their coats before taking them to the living room. The closer we get I can hear them talking. Ugh, I can hear Megan already complaining about something. I just hope they keep their comments to themselves. I don't need them scaring away Jesse.

"Hey family our guests of honor are here," I lead them to where everyone is sitting. "Mark and Megan, he is Jesse, his dad, Craig, and his aunt, Emmy."

They shake hands and smile. It has always been hard to know what is going through the twins' head for all I know they hate them.

"So you're the boy that saved our little brother, why would you do such a foolish thing?" Mark asks as he stares intensely at Jesse.

But Jesse just smiles at them, "some see it as being foolish, but I see it as protecting the boy I love. I love your brother. I love him more than he will ever know or that I could ever show him. He is the bright spot in my dark life."

He looks at me in the eyes as he says all that. I can feel tears spilling out, god I am turning into such a girl.

He reaches over and wipes the lingering tears, "sorry, but I mean every word I said." He turns back to Megan and Mark. "I moved in with my aunt because I was having a hard time back home. My mom was verbally and physically abusing me, it had gotten so bad I had tried to kill myself. However, I was lucky enough that my dad found me in time, because if he hadn't I would have never met Adrian. I know people might think I might not know what love is and I'm a fool for thinking I'm in love being so young. But they don't know what I feel for Adrian is real, I put my life in danger to save his. If that's not love then I don't know what is."