My Beginning

Jess's POV
Ok Jess, it's time to go to class, and present your wonderful presentation. It will be fine, everyone will love it.... unless they don't, in which case your doomed- a~and then your future career will backfire and you'll be working in a second rate office desk in a dingy sales rep. corporation a~andthenyoullhavetoquitbecuaseyouhateitsomuchandstartfromsquareoneandyoullhavetoworkataMcDonaldsjusttogetbuyandfeedyourthirtycatsbecuaseyoullbesuchafailurenoonewilleverwanttoloveyouandyoullbealonebeforeyoucanhitthirtyandyoullliveoutthatmoviethefortyyearoldvirginandbesosadandpatheticand-!
( And then you'll have to quit because you hate it so much and start from square one and you'll have to work at McDonalds just to get by and feed your thirty cats because you'll be such a failure no one will ever want to love you and you'll be alone forever and live out that movie " The Forty Year Old Virgin" and be so sad and pathetic and-!)

My inner demons corralling ceased when I realized my name was being called by the professor while I had been sorting out that mental train wreck. " Jess! Do you want to present?" I fumbled with my papers and text book and quickly walked to the front. " Yes, sorry." The professor gave me a look before she let me take over the class. " So, as you know, our class right now is about Cloning. There have been many studies on the practicality of cloning, at least, animals, and some theoretical studies that prove cloning experiments on humans have a rate of 97% accuracy with minor to no casualties. It's a very fascinating study that I would like to share with you." After  my presentation the lecture hall broke out in polite applause and I packed up my stuff from the front as the class dispersed through the various exits at the top of the room. " Good job, Jesse." Nobody called me that. And no male with such a sexy low voice would even think to address a nerd like me. I prepared to turn and see a hot, but obviously taken, professor who just happened to sneak in and catch a bit of my presentation. Instead, I turned to face a solid wall of chest, and when I turned to look left, I was met with more chest. Large muscular male chests that looked like they would crush someone as little as me. I looked up and saw the Riley twins, Casper and Cane hovering over me like humongous bulky giants that could crush me underneath their size 14 boots. They were identical twins who were covered in tattoos and muscles and both had the same crew cut hairstyle that most frat boys decided was "dope". They had deep brown eyes and this sexy stubble thing goin' one and I had noticed in the past that they both had dimples whenever they smiled. Their perfect teeth shined at me as both of them smiled down at me and I was absolutely flustered, although I hate to admit it. " C-Casper. Cane." I nodded in a polite greeting and kept my eyes down. I heard Casper make a small amused sound but chose to ignore it because Cane spoke up, and it was directed at me. " That was a really good presentation Jesse, we thought your theory's on cloning and combining different genes of separate species was fascinating." Casper spoke up then. " Yeah, I really liked your train of thought where you theorized if we combined similar species genes with each other, we could create an Alpha race. It was so thought out and accurate with most theories and past studies." Even though my eyes were still to the ground l, I tried to talk over the lump in my throat from anxiety. " Th-Thank you. I didn't think anybody would understand my theories on man made evolution. They weren't too far fetched?" Casper spoke again. " Absolutely not! At least not to us, and even if it is a little hard to believe, then at least your theories were factual and not just hair brained ideas that you made up on a whim." I didn't even register that I had picked up my head and looked at them in the eye out of excitement. " Exactly! Even if I can't actually splice gene matter, It was still months of researching, not on Wikipedia, but in old textbooks and documented journals of scholars and philosophers from the campus's archives!" Gasping, I ducked my head once more, realizing my embarrassing outburst and covering my mouth. " We totally understand, Jesse." Cane chuckled. " W-Well, thanks again... for your kind words, that is." Just then, Casper's hand moved towards me as I watched from my peripheral vision, and I couldn't help flinching the slightest as his fingers lightly gripped my chin and tipped it up towards, what was now, his very close face. " Anytime, little mouse." He said in a deep rumbling tone and I stared into his smooth, intoxicating eyes. Gasping, I stumbled a bit from him and then turned and briskly walked away. Then it occurred to me that Casper Riley had just call me a "little mouse". Now, while that would make anyone else feel uncomfortable or make them wonder what the fuck Casper was on, I absolutely loved it. I had always had a thing for pet names, but my secret lifestyle wasn't something I wanted anybody to know about, especially not the twins. And so with that thought and the reminding blush from being called "little" and "mouse", I headed off to my favorite building on the entire campus. The Library.