Is He Okay?

The ride was short, but to Evelyn, it couldn't feel any longer. As soon as they arrived, Chester was hauled away in need of urgent surgery.

Dylan kept his promise as he met up with Evelyn in the waiting room. The two sat closest to the doors, waiting for Chester to get out of surgery. Evelyn sobbed hysterically, and Dylan let her cry into his shoulder. It had been a while since they saw each other, ever since Evelyn didn't show up for his birthday. He wasn't aware of why, but he knew it had something to do with Aaron.

"I did this to him." She suddenly sat up, sullenly gazing down as she fiddled with her hands in her lap.

"What do you mean? Dylan asked, confused by this entire situation.

"I brought him into all of this madness, it's all my fault. If I didn't go out with him, none of this would have happened."

"What exactly happened?" Dylan asked, still not aware of how this all started in the first place. "How did you meet Chester?"

Evelyn sighed as she realized she would have to tell him everything. She felt ashamed that she hadn't talked to him since this whole thing happened.

"I met him here, actually." Evelyn started. I just got out of the hospital after being here for months-" Dylan interrupted her.

"You've been here for months?! What happened?" Dylan asked. He hadn't known.

"I got into a fight with Aaron... I was trying to go celebrate your birthday but got in a car accident and ended up here instead." Evelyn admitted. "Aaron was hauling my ass out of here but Chester saw how angry he was and helped me out. I didn't even know him!"

Dylan was shocked, how had he not known any of this? "Were you staying with Chester?" He asked, sadness evident in his voice. Evelyn nodded. "Ev, if I knew you were here I would have helped you out. Did you break up with Aaron?" She nodded again. Dylan pulled her into a hug.

"I'll kill him." Dylan spat after hearing about the whole situation. He hated Aaron from the beginning.

"Dylan, shhh. He's already with the police now, calm down." She tried to quiet him down so people wouldn't stare at them.

The two had talked for a few hours, looking up every time the doors near them would open. Evelyn just wanted Chester to be okay. She hoped Aaron would be locked away forever, if that was even possible.

"Here for Mr Bennington?" One of the doctors asked, and Evelyn rose to her feet.

"Is he okay?" She asked.

"He's stable. He lost a lot of blood, so he really needs to rest."

"Can we see him?" Evelyn was eager to see Chester.

"Fine, but he's asleep. He may not be responsive to much right now, please don't try to wake him up. He needs to recuperate." The doctor said, and the both of them frantically nodded in response. They were led down the hallway and into a double room.

They passed by another man who laid in the hospital bed, watching his TV, and then they spotted Chester. Evelyn gasped at the sight of him, his shoulder had been bandaged and there were tubes everywhere.

"I'll give you a minute with him alone." Dylan said, following the doctor back into the waiting room. She was thankful for him, he'd been nothing but helpful this entire time.

Evelyn pulled a chair beside his bed and took a seat. She intertwined her fingers with his and just sat there for a few minutes. His hands were soft and warm, which eased Evelyn a bit. She stayed by his side for another minute before muttering an "I'm sorry."

She never let go of his hand though, she wouldn't dare to. This entire day was not how any of them would have expected it to be, but she was just glad Chester was okay.

A/N
Sorry this chapter was so short! Next one will be longer I promise!