HUH?

A second later the man whips back around and smirks at me. I think I drool a little. Damn this boy is fine with muscle bulging through the tight V-neck he is wearing. I finally realize he is talking to me and have to focus more, so that I can keep from looking like an idiot.

“You need some of what?”

“Excuse me what did you just ask?”

“You said “damn I need to get some of that” and I asked you what you needed some of Melani?”

“Oh My Gosh I hope I didn’t really say that out loud?”

“Yes little Melani you did. Now I am not a patient man tell me what you need some of.”

‘I want a big dose of you’ is what I want to say but instead I tell him “I need a large coffee and a muffin. I haven’t eaten yet this morning,”

“Well I am on vacation; I don’t have a timed schedule. Would you like to join me for coffee and a muffin?”

“I guess it can’t hurt my ego any more than I already have, but let’s go to the office in the back. It’s quieter back here, and I am gaining a headache by the second. Jeremy please watch over the register please.”

“Yes Ma’am” I hear this little sophomore I hired for the summer say.

We make our way to the back through my spotless kitchen and into the little office I have in the very back.

“So Mel, Why did you open a place like this? It doesn’t quite fit the persona I am gathering from you.”

“This place was a dream of my mothers and we opened it about three years ago.” ‘I don’t know why I keep telling him the answers to all the personal questions I know better than to trust anyone and I am having a hard time hiding in my self-controlled mind. After what Michael did and all the other sleaze balls I have dated in the past.’ We sit and eat the muffins in silence and I slowly sip my coffee while taking little peeks at the hunk sitting in my personal bubble of an office. He has beautiful brown eyes, short black hair and the slightest of tan to his skin. I can’t stand to look at his lips because I know if I look I am going to be leaping. Right over my desk and devour the sexy man in front of me.

Soon we finish our coffees without much talking and a comfortable silence.