Twelve

Narrator:

When Aiden heard his alarm go off for school, he wanted to throw is phone across the room, but he wouldn't do it because he needs his phone. So he reluctantly got out of his warm bed and picked out a United XXVI shirt, and a pair of skinny jeans with holes at the knees.

He did his usual routine in the morning and made his way downstairs, he didn't see his mom or mama in the kitchen or living. So he thought that they must be still asleep. He would be too if it weren't for school. He sometimes really hated school.

He went in the kitchen and decided to fill his dog's bowls with food and water, so he won't starve. Once that's done he goes into the living room and switches on the TV for a little while, so he has something to do before Luka calls him.

It's nearing 6:45 when Luka finally calls him. And to be honest he was starting to get worried, because that's his only source to get to school. I mean he could ride the bus but he doesn't like them, at all. Because they're noisy and people on there get on his last nerve, and he can't deal with that. He answers his phone.

"It's about damn time you called I was starting to get worried," Aiden chuckles.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry about that but I'm rounding the corner to your house so be outside when I get there," Luka replies.

"Okay bye." And he ends the conversation before Luka can reply, he knows it was a bit rude but he doesn't care right now. So he heads outside for Luka.

There is a bite to the air because somehow it's always a little chilly in the morning, and so hot in the afternoon. He would put on a sweater or hoodie but it would be too hot in the afternoon to have one on. The sky is a mixture of blue and purple and it's absolutely pretty. There's not any stars though because it's a bit too bright to see the stars but you can still see the moon though.

He sees Luka's car pull up to his house minutes later and once he gets his belt buckled. He looks at Luka and his body his tense, and he's also nawing on his bottom lip so much Aiden's sure it'll bleed. He sees Luka take a deep breath before letting it out slowly.

"I done something, I done something really bad Aiden," He says. Aiden can kind of see the tears prickling the corners of his eyes.

"Um would like to talk about it?" Aiden asks gently because he can see whatever Luka is going through, really upsets him. He shakes his head no and takes one hand off the steering wheel, so he can wipe his watering eyes.

"No, no not right now, maybe later though."

"Yeah, whenever you feel like talking about it, is fine." Aiden gives him a comforting smile.

"You're a good friend Aiden."

-------

"So class today we are going to learn about proportions," Ms. Ferrell tells the class. A few kids groan and dare I say it, very few students cheer. What is wrong with those kids who like math? They're probably on drugs Aiden thinks. It's the only logical explanation to it.

But the only good side to math is that Cyrius is in his class. So it's all good. And it so happens that Cyrius is actually very good with math, so that means if Aiden is struggling with math Cyrius is there to help him.

"Aiden, Aiden!"

Aiden jumps and looks around the classroom and sees Ms.Ferrell's hazel eyes glaring at him. He blushes a nice shade of red because the whole class is looking at him like he's stupid.

"I asked you what's the question to number five." She says with the same glare as earlier. He gulps and looks down at his worksheet. That wasn't there before, because he wasn't paying attention but he was listening. He decides to wing it because he hasn't done a single problem yet.