Heartless Angel

Screaming. Constant, unfultering screaming so earpiercing it could casue the deaf pain.

A girl lays in the middle of a dark empty room. She doesn't open her eyes, burning from many sleepless nights, for fear of what reality it might bring. The cold seeps into her bones causing her to shake uncontrollably. She feels the blood pumping through her head as it throbs with each beat of her heart.

The screaming, it won't go away, it's pulsating in her head. It forces her eyes open. they scan the room realizing that she's not in her room.

Fear racks her body as recognition sets in. She's been here before, but she doesn't know when. She does know that the screaming, filled with agony, was meant for her to follow. It lures her, forcing her to move.

She walks on clumsy bare feet to the exit of the room. At the doorway that contains no door she sees a corridor. No light seeps in through the windows that line the walls. She notices how lightly clothed she is as the cold air hits her body.

The cold hardwood floor stings her feet as she makes her way down the hallway. Her fingers move lightly down the wall looking for any indincation as to where she should go. But, other than the sheading paint that fell into her hand, there was not a single thing that lined the wall.

The screams sounded no closer than they had when she was in the room she woke up in. they were still earpiercing, but not enough to block out another noise that she had failed to hear till now.

Footsteps, sure and steady, a few paces behind her. Something about the dark and the unknowing feeling caused fear to seep through her veins. She began contemplating whether or not she should run. 'Could she out run them? Where could she go?' when she heard it.

"You'll love it. You'll love it." it hissed sounding lika a whisper in her ear.

She took off at full speed not caring where she ended up just as long as she put a much distance between it and her as possible. She ran straight into a wall. Feeling around quickly she found that it wasn't really a wall but a door. Grabbing the know she turned it, fell into a room and slammed the door shut.

Leaning her back against the cold wood she stood with her eyes closed and shivering with fear. She was startled by the screams closeness. Mere feet in front of her where a low light flickered.

Her heart speeds with the familiarity of that scream. She cannot remember how its familiar, but she's heard it many times and hates the forgotten outcome of following it.

The rattling of chains reaches her ears before she has the chance to peer around the corner, muffling the quiet tears. In the distance chained to the wall by her wrist and ankles hangs a young girl supported by her restraints. Smears of blood covered her body as tears feel from her eyes.

A shuffling noise comes from the corner as a tall dark figure that catches her attention rose. Shivers of fear rack her body as the bulky figure stalks closer to the girl who begins to struggle violently against the restraints. She trys to open her mouth to scream but he appears before her and covers her mouth with a dirty hand.

A hiss of words escapes him, "If you scream again..."

The hiding girl's foot slips and a loud clap is heard throughout the room as her bare foot hits concrete. The creature is cut off by the noise. her eyes widen and she begins to creep backwards as her heart threatens to break through her chest.

She knows this feeling. Knows that something bad is about to happen. Not knowing what, is whats causing her to panic.

She backs up into a corner that she hopes is dark enough to hide her. There she slides down and huddles there to listen. Tears spring to her eyes threatening to pour down her face as she wonders what is going on. Screams of pain can now be heard from all sides of her and she begins questioning what's going to happen to her if shes caught.

Her ears are straining to hear something other than the agony trapped in this punishing prison, but is met with silence, not even the desperate cry of the young girl chained to the dripping wall. Nor does she hear the approaching footsteps of that young girls attacker. The silence, instead of making her feel better, makes her feel more uncomfortable and afraid.

Long minutes of silence stretches before her until she can't stand it. She needs to know if that girl is still there or the dark figure, so she creeps forward again on quiet feet hoping to catch a glance of nothing. Right now she'd take the moment of insanity before she believed what she'd seen was reality.

But it was reality, for there the chained girl was. Silent tears pouring down her facefor she imagined her fate in the entombment of this place. Her thin body shakes miserably as if remembering the agony she'd already endured. This girl was welcoming death before it thought it necessary to walk upon her porch.

Softly, yet loud enough to be heard, the chained girl whispered, "Leave."

But she continued to stare. Something about this girl whe was in obvious misery held her gaze, refusing to allow her to either get closer or leave. And she also realized something very peculiar, not once since she'd been here had she gotten a look of the other girls face.

"You don't understand, you must leave this place." she said in shaky desperation as the chains shook.

A quick fluttering flew pass her as she stood, nearly knocking her forward. The black covered figure stopped in front of his hostage and stepped closely towards the girl. With his mouth close to her ear and his head slightly truned to glimpse the other he whispered, "Shh, we wouldn't want to frighted our oh so pretty guest now would we?"

In one quick movement both the figure and the chained girl looked at her, and only the unwelcoming scabby hand that covered her mouth is what kept ther from yelling out.

Following the reank smell is these words, "You'll love it here Angel, Your own personaly hell."

And she wasn't there anymore but she was me, and I... the girl chained to the wall. Feeling the only innocence a young girl cherishes being ripped from my very soul. And the hands of evil stealing it from me.