1. "Please tell me that you're gonna send Brittany to an orphanage"

Start from the beginning

And what's the big deal about being a bridesmaid anyway? I'll just have to spend all day in a dress that I probably don't like because my mum has picked it out and talking to long last family who can't even remember my name and having to put up with Bratface Brittany.

But if my mum's happy, then I guess I'll have to put up with it.

"So when the time comes, you three will get to come dress shopping with me and we can look at venues together and you can help me out with the rest of the plans" my mum smiles at us warmly.

"Oh yay!" Brittany claps her hands again, before pulling her dad into a hug too, "I'm soooo excited, Claire, this is, like, the most amazing thing ever"

"Yeah, I'm dead happy for you, mum" I add, giving her a genuine smile, which she returns. I am happy for her. I'm not happy about the fact that that thing is going to be related to me.

"Ella, you should be more excited, your mum's getting married" Brittany sighs, giving my mum a sad pout.

Like I said - arselicker.

"It's fine, Britt" my mum replies, "Ella doesn't get excited about anything"

Ugh, true.

"You should be happy for her" Brittany sighs, shaking her head. Is she deaf?

"I just said I was happy for her!" I scoff defensively.

"If you were really happy for her, you'd act like it," she tells me matter-of-factly.

"The only thing I'm not happy about is that you're going to be related to me"

"Anyway," Phil says loudly, politely trying to change the subject because he's too nice to just ask us to shut the fuck up, "we've both talked about it and we've decided that since we're getting married, it might be a good idea..." he trails off, looking cautiously between me and my mum.

"... If Phil moved in with us" my mum finishes for him.

That's not so bad. Phil's nice enough-

Oh, wait...

"Please tell me that you're gonna send Brittany to an orphanage" I plead, praying that the answer will be yes.

"No Ella, she's going to live here with us" my mum replies sternly, giving me that look that says don't start, Ella.

"You are joking?" I seethe. My mum and Phil are looking at each other again and sighing. It's no secret that me and Bitchface didn't get on. Everyone knows. I am a very honest person and if I don't like someone, I'll happily tell them to their face. Brittany, on the other hand, is so fake that whenever I try to tell my mum that she's a complete bitch to me, my mum doesn't believe me. Every time Brittany and I get into an argument, I always get the blame because Brittany acts all innocent and denies everything. If I've done something wrong, I'll happily admit it, but Brittany could never do anything wrong because she's so lovely and amazing and kind and we couldn't possibly tarnish her perfect image.

"No Ella, I'm not joking" my mum sighs.

"Where the hell is she gonna sleep?!" I exclaim, "we don't have any spare rooms"

"Well-"

"Unless we put her in the garden" I suggest, "I suppose Phil could build her a kennel"

Millie lets out a small giggle, before putting her hand over her mouth to try and suppress it. Sometimes, I think she's the only one who truly appreciates my humour.

"Ella, don't be so rude" my mum huffs, "we've actually decided she can have your brother's room, seeing as he doesn't live here any more"

"And does Tris know about this?" I ask, though already knowing that he probably doesn't. He might not live here anymore but surely he wouldn't be happy about having her live in his room, "his room still has some of his stuff in"