六 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤

Chapter Six

六

"Was Kyuubi Kasai sane?"

Let's guess that you already know the answer to that question that was thrown forward.

First she says: "Remember to stay away from the horrid Uuyashiki's"―and then she says: "Let's go sneak into their headquarters!"

Kasai was not really sane―if she was―she was starting to lose that sanity.

She was also struggling to control that. 

The nine tailed fox, Kyuubi Kasai, stood on top of a tall tree, overlooking the estate of the Ubuyashiki's that also served as the Demon Slayer headquarters

She smirked, her small fangs poking out from her lips as she crouched down, searching to see if someone was out in the courtyard. Seeing no people―humans―she leapt forward before  softly landing on the roof, making sure not to cause a single noise that could alert anything or anyone.

To tell the truth, Kasai wasn't just sneaking in for fun. She actually had a goal in mind and she really wanted to get it done.

She wanted to steal the box that held her mask. 

You see, before Kyuubi Kasai had made the contract with a former Ubuyashiki, she had been a wild fox spirit. Causing chaos, commotion, fires, you name it. But when she became a familiar, she was forced―because of the annoying contract―to stop doing that. Her trademark, was that fox mask that had golden bells jingling from the sides. 

Because of the contract, she had lost that precious mask when she ran away.

Her plan was to get back her trademark fox mask and get out of the headquarters quickly―maybe starting a fire? She wasn't sure quiet yet.

She carefully started to walk higher up on the roof. Above her bare feet, she wore anklets that jingled with golden bells and red tassels that swayed while she walked. 

As much as it annoyed her, she needed to get rid of her nine white tails―they would only slow her down in her search. Her eyes flashed a striking pure gold, before her white fluffy tails vanished simultaneously. Then she started forward. Long red nails slashed at the roof of the building before she dropped down into one of the hallways. 

Her white fox ears twitched from the small noises and creaks in the floor. As she walked down the hall, her nose tracked the scent of her fox mask coming from one closed room.

Sliding open the fancy shoji screen, she pattered quietly into the room. Her golden eyes widened with joy as she started to chuckle, her hands lifting up to her face in the process.

In the mess of her happy laughter, her long hair became even more chaotic then normal―which means that her hair was really messy.

Smirking in victory, she ran forward, her pale hands grasping the closed box as her long red nails started to scratch at the lock. She growled as she struggled to open the fancy box that held her treasured fox mask.   

She stilled suddenly however when she smelled the scent of someone approaching from the hallway. Kyuubi Kasai 'tched' as she moved the box under her layered kimono, breaking through the screen, not caring that it broke―why would she care?―before flipping backwards onto the courtyard wall. 

'They actually sensed me,' Kasai thought to herself. 'Impressive.' She admitted to herself silently. 

She watched who she assumed to be a Hashira appear from the now broken screen. 

He wore bandages around his lower face, a white snake wrapped around his neck, and had dual colored eyes and a stripped white and black haori. He glared at her. 

Smirking at him, she interrupted him before he could say anything or ask questions. She had no intent to get caught here. (Much less by a human!)

"See you next time, dear," She laughed, before her tails spread out behind her, making the Hashira's dual color eyes widen. "Let's meet again, okay, human-kun?"

Seeing his shocked face, she laughed louder and jumped high up, backflipping, before landing far away in the woods.

"Maybe I should do this more often.."

______________

►Chapter End

______________

______________