───── 五

Chapter Five

五

Kyuubi Kasai had lived for a long time. 

She had seen the first few Demons that Kibutsuji Muzan had created. 

She had watched when the Demon Progenitor was almost killed. 

She had seen the Twelve Kizuki form. 

To put it mildly, she had too much time on her hands, and that was what led her to slowly become bored and her life becoming the kind that she always needed entertainment to enjoy. Having time on your hands can be nice, and in fact, it was the dream of many people to live extremely long lives ― but it also was repetitious. 

She got bored of watching the same thing time after time and again. She started to do things to entertain herself ─  though the main thing was trying to avoid the Ubuyashiki's. 

You see, the one thing that could tame Kyuubi Kasai was the Ubuyashiki family.

It was at least a hundred―perhaps two hundred―years ago (when Kasai was much more wild than she was now), when Kasai first met the Ubuyashiki's. It wasn't that she hadn't heard about them before, no, no, it wasn't that. It was the first time that she ever met the Head Ubuyashiki in the flesh.

Kasai was a Nine Tailed Fox. 

Because she was a Nine Tailed Fox, she could make a contract with a human. That was something she never wanted to do. "Never, ever," in her exact words. However, the only humans capable of making a contract with the wild Fox known as Kyuubi Kasai, were the Ubuyashiki family.

She had found this out the hard way. 

She had been the familiar of the Head Ubuyashiki, until he died of illness and she ran away for good.

Kyuubi Kasai knew that the Head of the Demon Slayer Corps―the Ubuyashiki's―knew of her also ─ after all, something very dear to her still remained at the mansion. Kasai always was quick to get rid of the Demon Slayers that came her way. In the case of them being Hashira's or people who had close, personal ties with the Head Ubuyashiki, Kasai would try different methods however ─ more, entertaining methods, as one could put it.

And yet; something irked at Kasai.

Maybe she did need to return to the mansion after all.

Kyūbi No Kitsune Secrets

______________

► Kyuubi Kasai never wants to be tied down by the invisible chains of fate

______________

______________