"First off, you weren't hard to find. This store is only a couple blocks away from the agency," he stated, gesturing with his uninjured hand in the direction of the agency. "Second, it's something with one of our newest members and an organization that's come from America—"

"The Guild," she finished the statement for him, nodding as she understood. "I saw the news about that explosion at one of the ports. I could only assume it was Akutagawa's doing, plus I have a lot of places to do... research."

She leaned one of her arms against the desk, tapping against the wood with her fingernails. She then stated, "I didn't exactly leave the agency without maintaining a couple skills that I've been using in the past two years."

"Well I hope one of them includes combat and your special ability."

(Y/n) furrowed her brows at the statement. "Combat? Special ability? Dazai, what is going on? What is happening right now? What are you holding from me?"

"I'll tell you on the way back. But before we leave, I need to ask for a couple books," he told her as she crossed her arms.

"What are you looking for?" she asked, turning on her heel as she reached behind the counter, grabbing a duffle bag that was hidden behind it. "And when are we leaving?"

Dazai didn't get to answer as a third voice chimed in, both of them turning towards Hinami as she emerged from the back of the store—an irritated yet surprised expression painted over her face.

Crap! How could I forget? (Y/n) thought as she dropped the bag onto the counter, taking a couple steps towards her friend. Hinami has been so good to me that last two years—giving me a place to stay, a job, and just being a good friend in general—and I was about to just up and leave her to go with Dazai to deal whatever is going on with the agency, Guild, and Port Mafia (if they're involved by my suspicions).

"Hinami..." (Y/n) stepped towards her, holding her hands out as she was unsure what to say to her friend of a little over two years. "I... I'm sorry..."

Hinami let out a sigh, some of her blonde hair falling from the up-do she had put it in for the work day. She ran a hand through her hair, looking between Dazai and (Y/n) as her face soon became nearly expressionless—at least it was extremely hard to read.

"You should go, (Y/n)," she simply said, shocking (Y/n) as she was expecting a much more angered reaction.

"W-what?" (Y/n) tilted her head slightly, confused by the response as she let her hands hang at her sides. "You're not upset?"

"Of course I'm upset! My best friend is leaving me to go do whatever deadly thing you want with a man you were probably dating two years ago—I'm still confused on what your relationship was!" Hinami exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air as she spoke. "But I've known you've been itching to get back into the action since you stuffed that duffle bag under the counter a year ago."

(Y/n)'s face dropped as she heard Hinami speak. "You've known about that the entire time?"

"Yes, I have. I've basically lived in this shop my entire life—I'd know when something was misplaced or has been added when it wasn't there before," she responded, gesturing to the store and to the bag. "It's obvious you've been wanting this—Dazai, was it?" Dazai nodded as Hinami attempted to confirm his name. "It's obvious you've been wanting Dazai to come and whisk you away to wherever you've been wanting to go for a year."

"Hinami..."

"Just go, (Y/n). I know you can do a hell of a lot more good outside of the Ripped Page than just being couped up behind a counter."

Tears welled in both of the girls eyes, (Y/n) half-jumping forward as she wrapped her arms around Hinami. They began to cry, Hinami's sobs a lot louder than (Y/n)'s.

A couple minutes passed, (Y/n) pulling back as she wiped the tears off her face with the sleeve of her white button-up, sniffling as a smile came across her face.

"I'll see you when I get back," (Y/n) said as she began to walk backwards, grabbing her bag as Dazai stood behind her.

"If you get back," Hinami corrected with a smile, sniffling as she spoke. "I have a feeling you're staying wherever he's taking you."

While the moment was very emotional, it was soon broken by Dazai—unsurprisingly. He stepped forward, asking Hinami in a comforting yet business-type voice, "I know I'm ruining the moment, but do you happen to have any books relating to technology or formulas that can jam sensors?"

(Y/n) furrowed her brows at the request, Hinami wiping her nose with the back of her hand as she nodded. "Just got a mistake shipment two days ago and I haven't been able to send it back. It's filled with all types of technological manuals and other books. You can take whatever you want." She began to walk towards the back of the store. "Right this way."

"Thank you." Dazai looked to (Y/n), brushing his hand against her arm and back as he followed Hinami to the back of the shop.

She let out a sigh as she watched the two disappear amongst the shelves, turning to her bag as she unzipped it—looking inside at all of the gear she had collected/created over the past two years preparing for that moment.

Hinami was right. She looked back at Dazai and Hinami as they spoke in the back of the shop in one of the supply closets or back rooms. I have been itching to get back out into the field—and I can't wait.

 I have been itching to get back out into the field—and I can't wait