***

"Bhai what are we doing today?" Ameen asked, it was a Sunday night. Everyone was just lazy and bored before getting ready for another busy week.

Mawra was sitting on the corner of the sofa with her phone, Ibrahim too was doing the same from another corner. In between sat Salika as she watched her TV series whilst sipping green tea.

"I'm not in the mood, Ameen. Mom, can I get some coffee?" Ibrahim asked uninterestedly, "the maids are on leave today, Rahim. Go and make one for yourself." Salika waved it off casually and concentrated more on the TV.

"I can't function without coffee, mom." He frowned whilst turning off his phone and walked towards the kitchen.

"Help him dear." Salika nudged Mawra and she gave her a reassuring smile although she wasn't sure how would her husband react if she wanted to help.

"Bhabhi, make one for me as well." Mawra grinned at the excuse Ameen just gave her. If Ibrahim throws a tantrum to her for making coffee, she could say it was for Ameen and escape any chance of awkwardness. They were yet to talk anyway. She couldn't muster up the courage the whole day. Something or the other kept them both busy.

"What are you doing here?" Ibrahim asked irritatedly as he was still searching for the utensils and milk, while she casually took out the Milk and started boiling it. He couldn't believe the pot was just lying there.

"Ameen needs coffee it seems," came her reply. She silently thanked her brother-in-law for asking her that.

He frowned in annoyance.

"No need to do anything for him. I'm making one anyway, I'll share with him."

"I've already started making it, I can make it for you as well if you want." Mawra glanced at him sideways as she added the sugar. They haven't spoken the whole day and it felt super weird to break the silence now. But she was glad they were talking something. Although it was only about the coffee.

"Yeah fine, whatever. I'm agreeing only because I don't want to waste gas and milk." His reasoning almost made her laugh. But she suppressed it on time and nodded in response.

"Your coffee," she placed it in front of him and glanced right into his eyes, he was already intensely staring at her. She felt nervous under his gaze and began to pour the coffee into Ameen's mug as well.

They wanted to talk. A lot. But she decided now was not the time and walked back into the living room, while Ibrahim followed her behind, lost in his thoughts.

"You make amazing coffees, Bhabhi. I can imagine why Bhai is so obsessed with this. It's you who spoiled him with this delicious thing." Ameen grinned as he took his first sip. Mawra smiled shyly as she went back to sit on the old place and to her surprise, Ibrahim sat beside her this time, occupying his mother's previous place. She got tensed for a moment but doesn't say anything.

Salika and Usman had somewhere to go and Mawra assumed they were gone already.

"What are we watching?" Ibrahim asked as Ameen scrolled through the movies one by one.

"You say Bhabhi, what should we watch?"

"You guys watch something, I'll just read my books." Mawra wanted to escape from there and mentally prepare herself for the talk she'd be having with her husband soon. To her surprise, Ibrahim placed his hands on her shoulders and stopped her without uttering a word.

Weren't they supposed to be fighting though? Why did he pull her like that? She was confused. But wasn't complaining anyway for she loved being close to him.