Kai Parker ~ Crush

Start from the beginning

"Bye A/N," He sighed and walked down the steps of your front porch. You quickly shut the door, locked it, and dropped on your knees in front of it. You couldn't hold it together anymore. The amount of pain he had just caused you was almost unbearable. You hugged your stomach, hoping you would calm down, but nothing was helping. After a few minutes, you managed to make it upstairs and to your bedroom. You pulled the devout back and sunk into your comforter, crying your eyes out. After about an hour of non-stop crying, your body couldn't take anymore, and you fell asleep.

Little did you know, Kai hadn't left. He had leaned up against your door the second you had closed it to listen in on what was going on inside. His heart felt like it was being physically ripped out of his chest hearing you cry, and most of all, because he knew he was the one that inflicted this much pain on you. He listened to you crying in your bedroom until he heard everything stop all of a sudden. He started getting himself worked up that maybe you had done something to yourself or accidentally hurt yourself. His body was literally pulling him to open the door of your bedroom. He opened your door and peered inside. He quietly closed the door and tip-toed to the opposite side of your bed that you didn't sleep on. He slowly and carefully sunk himself into the mattress, making sure he didn't wake you up. He turned on his side to face you, taking in the sight of your red, puffy eyes, but even then, you were the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on. He brushed his hand against your cheek, watching a soft smile appear in the corners of your lips as you took in the warmth of his hand against your cheek. At that moment, he wished for nothing more than to be able to kiss you, so he did. He leaned in ever so slowly and placed the softest kiss on your lips. He hummed to himself. He wanted more. He wanted you, but he thought he would break you, so he decided he had to push himself away from you. He smiled, taking in your scent one last time before leaving you.

It had been three weeks since you had talked to Kai. Every time you tried he would either say he's busy, find someone else to talk to, or completely ignore you. You were in immense pain but tried not to show it. He had never hurt you like this. He literally was a different person. You had had it. You decided to not talk to him either. It was the only way to stop all the pain, you thought.

You were inside watching your favorite tv show when there was a knock on your front door. You furrowed your eyebrows before pausing your show and getting up. You wondered who was at your door at 10 o'clock in the pouring rain.

You opened the door, and your breath caught in your throat seeing Kai drenched in rain, standing on your front porch.

"Hey, uh, can I come in?" He asked with an apologetic look.

"I don't think that would be a good idea," You said, trying to stay strong.

"What, why not?" He asked, and you gave him an 'are you serious' look.

"Kai, you haven't talked to me in weeks ever since I told you I liked you, and now you just expect me to invite you into my house with open arms?" You asked, looking at him like he was crazy, which he technically was.

"Fine, then. I just wanted to inform you that I'm leaving... for good." You immediately felt your heartbreak, harder than the last time. It was one thing for Kai to not talk to you, but at least you got to see him. When you didn't answer, he gave a small nod and walked down your porch in the rain.

"Kai!" You yelled. He turned around, and you marched to him, standing a few inches away from him.

"What?" He asked.

"You- Why are you being like this?" You shouted in his face.

He looked away, "I don't know what you're talking about," He said blankly.