Kai Parker Imagine - Forgotten Birthday

Word Count- 3,185

Summary- Kai forgets your birthday :(

*** Your outfit, but you are free to imagine your own

*** Your outfit, but you are free to imagine your own. ***

The clock strikes 8:37 pm. Mascara poured down your flushed cheeks as your sorrowful heart aches. 

He forgot.

Early this morning...

You had been waiting for this day for so long. Kai had been telling you everything that he had been planning for you and how special this day was going to be. You woke up to the sunlight blaring through your windows like you usually did. You smiled. It was finally here. You closed your eyes and rolled over, intending to snuggle into someone's chest, but the bed was empty. Odd.

You sat up and rubbed your sleepy eyes. Your hair was a mess after rolling around all night. You weren't able to sleep. You were just too excited. Kai had been hyping this day up too much that you couldn't even doze off as you tried to sleep. You fiddled with your fingers as you waited a few minutes, figuring he might be making you breakfast, and who were you to ruin such a sweet and thoughtful surprise?

After almost 10 minutes, you decided to climb out of bed and make your way downstairs after not smelling any food or hearing your noisy boyfriend from the kitchen. 

You slowly walked down the stairs, still hopeful that this might have been his plan all along, but as you neared the kitchen your hopes were shattered. Your boyfriend was nowhere to be found. You bit your lip nervously. 

He wouldn't forget... Would he?

You ran back upstairs, deciding to call him and see where he was. He usually never left without leaving a note or saying goodbye. Maybe he was out getting decorations and didn't want to wake you on your sleeping day. Yes! That's what's happening.

He picked up on the third ring.

"Hey, babe!" You cheered.

"Hey, Y/N!" He said back. You waited for a second. Waiting for him to say those two words, but they never came.

"Um, whatcha doin'?" You asked.

"Oh, just having lunch with Damon. Isn't that weird? Ha! Loser has no one else to talk to," He joked, and you could hear Damon's protests on the other side of the phone. 

Damon.

Damon!

Of course, he's with Damon. They must be planning what Kai's going to surprise you with tonight. Of course! Oh, this was cute. Acting like he forgot your birthday. This is cute.

"Oh, I see. Well, don't be out too long," You giggled.

"Not like we have much going on today," Kai retorted... jokingly?