I sat in a booth and ordered for coffee whiles waiting for Marco.
I was halfway done with my coffee, when Marco showed up.
I felt the urge to get up and kiss him but reality kicked in reminding me that he wasn't mine anymore.

We just hugged, nothing more.
He ordered something for the both of us and began talking.
"Keisha, everyone makes mistakes. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me for my pathetic behavior."
I kinda felt bad.
"Marco, we weren't together whiles you did that. You had every right to do anything you felt like doing. I was just acting like some clingy girlfriend. I know I broke up with you. I know I also owe you an explanation, but let's hear what you have to say." I say to him calmly.

He was about to say something but he was interrupted. The waiter had come with our food. He placed the food on the table and left.
As we were eating, he began to speak.
"You know, when you said we should break up, I thought I did something wrong even though you told me I didn't do anything. All you said was, you didn't want to do the long distance thing since you were going to visit family."
He said taking a bite out of his burger.

"I got lonely and I just wanted you in my arms. I couldn't take it any longer so I just went to the club, had a few shots, and fucked around. I know that was very bad but Keisha, I'm truly sorry. I am willing to make it up to you. I promise I won't do that again." he said with pity in his adorable eyes.

"Its okay, Marco. I forgive you. I don't blame you, afterall, you are a guy and I totally get it.
I also have some explanation to do. I lied when I said I was going to visit family. My dad lost his job and we had to evacuate in like 5 days and I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay back there, with you, Betty and all our friends. I had no choice but to leave with my parents because if I stayed behind, I would be homeless and I won't have anywhere to stay.
I don't really tell people my problems because I don't like people feeling bad for me. That's why I never told you. I was planning to call you and tell you everything but when I saw that video, I just knew that you didn't deserve to know shit. But here I am, telling you everything." I chuckled and said to him.

"Seriously, Keisha you should have told me earlier. My parents could have helped and you won't be here. I know you don't like telling people your problems, I get that but I'm just glad you gave me an opportunity to explain myself."

"Marco, its okay. I lost my dad and now my mum is just depressed. She goes out and comes back late. I don't know what she does but I'm just grateful to God for having her by my side."

"Keisha, I have something to tell you. Since this happened, I just don't know what to do. I can't talk to anybody about it but i just want to tell you so it gets off my chest." he said with a sad smile.

I wonder what he did this time.

"Its okay. You can tell me. We all make mistakes." I said to him whiles taking a sip from my coca cola.

"Okay. You remember I have some friends here. Jordan my best friend to visit me like always. We were talking and filling each other up on what has been happening since we last saw each other. Jordan was scrolling through Instagram and saw the video of me at the club doing all that. I kinda told him about you and he liked you. He always wanted to meet you one day. When he saw the video, he was mad and thought that was the reason we broke up. I clearly remember him telling me to get a life and sort out my problems.
I got so angry. I went out with my car and was driving and driving and then my car crashed into another car. I was scared so I just drove in the opposite direction and after that I've felt bad for whoever was in that car. I wish I could help whoever it was. I shouldn't have run away." he said with a sigh.

I was just speechless. I'm just so sorry for all he's been through.

"Its okay. Honestly, I don't know what to say but thank you for telling me about this. I think you should go to therapy or what do you think." I said to him

"Seriously, I don't know what to do. I think its okay. Maybe I might go see a therapist." he said.

I just felt bad for him and he knew that. He could see it through my eyes.

"Enough, can we eat now." Marco chuckled with a big smile plastered across his face.

We both laughed and digged in.

I am grateful to God for having him with me this time, the only person left is Betty and our circle will finally be complete. If only I could see her.

The food was very good and we had velvet cake for dessert. I swear to God, the next time I come to this diner, I am ordering every damn thing on the menu.

We split the bill and we paid for it. Marco insisted on paying all but my stubborn self didn't allow that.
We paid for everything together and left. We stopped by our cars and talked for a while. It was getting late so we said our goodbyes and we both hopped into our cars, with one final wave, we both drove off in opposite direction.

I continued playing my song, Thinkin' Bout You by Ciara, as I drove home.

🎶You're a habit, hard to break
You're more than a heart can take
There's no exit, no escapin' (No)
I've been thinkin' 'bout you
Maybe you're my destiny (Maybe you're my destiny)
Or maybe just a fantasy (Or maybe just a fantasy)
Maybe it's just my imagination

Boy, I've been thinkin' 'bout you (Ow)
Wondering who's stuck in your head at night (Is it me?)
Wonder if I ever cross your mind (Do I?)
Keeping you up in your bed at night (Yeah)
I've been thinkin' 'bout you ('Bout, 'bout)
I try to fight it but it's hard to hide ('Bout, 'bout)
I've been thinkin' 'bout you, ooh-ooh
I've been thinkin' 'bout you (Yeah)

Early in the mornin' ('Bout, 'bout)
Think about you all day ('Bout, 'bout)
Late night in the evenin' ('Bout, 'bout)
I can't get you off of my brain ('Bout, 'bout)
Early in the mornin' ('Bout, 'bout)
Think about you all day ('Bout, 'bout)
Late night in the evenin' ('Bout, 'bout)
I can't get you off of my brain ('Bout, 'bout)
I've been thinkin' 'bout you
(I've been thinkin' 'bout you)
I've been thinkin' 'bout you🎶

.

.

.

.

Chapter 30

Bruhhh.....I am finally done with exams so I just thought I would give y'all a chapter.

I've been fucking busy. These exams have fucked the living daylights out of my head.

I need a break! 😩

Anyways, Take A Look At Me Now is almost coming to an end.

We have like 10-15 more chapters. Idk anything might pop up but I'll let y'all know when its ending.

Thank youuu!! ❤

Vote, Comment, and Share! ❤

Next chapter: The Ugly Truth

Someone's desperate for the truth. 😗