bad news blair

I was arguing with mother about changing the model at the shoot when B came down.

"Oh, thank God, you are awake." Mother said.

"Am I late? Oh, my God, did i oversleep?" I felt so bad for B right now.

"Mother, tell her. Now." I said, glaring at her.

"Tell me what?" B asked, looking between mother and I, confused.

"Darling, I have some bad news. Terry, that fool of a photographer, thinks we need to go in a different direction."  Mother said, still not getting to the point.

"With the theme?" Blair asked.

"With the model." B looked crushed. "Darling I hired these people for their expertise. And ultimately, they feel we would be doing the brand a disservice." I held B's hand. " I cannot apologize enough. I know that you were really looking forward to this."

"No I wasn't." Blair said, with a fake smile. "I am glad I don't have to go. I hate shoots. They are so boring. You should have Alessandra Ambrosio or Rach, not am amateur." Blair lies, which mother obviously doesn't see.

"Well, I did asked your sister to do the shoot," mother continues to hurt Blair, "but she declined." She glared at me, which I certainly returned. She turns to Blair "We will have dinner after, yes?" She asked both of us, putting her hand on our shoulders. "Steak frites and crepes at Cafe Desartistes" She hugged both of us. "Just like old time. I will see you later."

I wipe the tear that rolled down Blair's cheek as mother walks away, blowing kisses at us.

"Do you want to crash the shoot?" I said to cheer her up. She agrees and we call S to tell her about our plan.

                                                                                            **********

Blair and I arrived at the location of shoot and are surprised to see that B was replaced by non other than Serena Van Der Woodsen.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I said when Serena came up to us and asked why were we late. B and I walked away with Serena following us.