The day after that, both twins found that every time they opened a door or walked through an archway, they were splashed head-to-toe in purple paint.

Everyone else in the castle was impervious to these sudden bursts of colour.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

January 12, 1994

Elodie woke up the next morning to find actual, live birds in her hair. Forrest suffered a worse fate- a couple of Cornish pixies had been instructed to follow him around for the entire day, pulling his on his tie and stealing his books.

By the end of that day, Forrest begged Elodie to concede.

"One more prank, love. We'll get them to surrender." She said, a mischievous glint in her eye.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

January 13, 1994

Elodie and Forrest had worked very hard the previous night, mastering shrinking charms to a T. She was almost positive this would get the twins to yield, granted they found a way to rid Fred and George of their wands.

She wandered up to them in the common room that afternoon, leaning casually against the couch.

"Freddie..." She smiled sweetly at him.

Fred didn't look up. "Rival."

"Oh, rubbish. I was only asking if I could borrow your wand for a moment."

"Certainly," Fred smirked, glancing up at her flirtatiously.

"I'm not sure that's what she meant, mate." George chuckled.

"Eurgh. I mean your magic wand." Elodie gagged.

"Some call it magic." Fred nodded, like he was being perfectly reasonable.

Elodie punched his arm. "Fine. George, can I borrow your's instead?"

Fred looked hurt. "With my twin?! You wouldn't." He put a dramatic hand over his heart.

George rolled his eyes. "Sure, Els. What for?"

Elodie hadn't thought past the "can I borrow your wand" part, so she invented something off the top of her head.

"Well... Maura's got mine, for, erm, polishing."

"Girls polish their wands?" George frowned.

"Oh, yeah," Elodie nodded, poker-faced. "All the time."

"Learn something new every day." He said, handing her his wand. Perfect. Now she needed to get Fred's, and everything would be in place.

Elodie levitated a mug of coffee to where her friends were studying, setting it down with a sigh.

"Katie," she said reluctantly. "Would you help me with something?"

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

The plan was simple. It was the literal definition of hell for Elodie, but it was simple.

She watched as Katie sauntered up to Fred, twirling a strand of blonde hair in her finger. She really was a brilliant actress.

"Up for a little something, Freddie?" She tilted her head. "I'm bored."

Fred smiled at her. "Thanks, Kates, but I'm alright."