The Dawn of a New Era

authors note: i re-wrote this chapter like SEVEN times someone please tell me to stop!! as always, biscuits and kisses to anyone who uses their time to read my words.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

September 2, 1994

Elodie woke up, feeling so light she could probably float away into the clouds. That was, if she wanted to. No, Elodie felt like staying in this bed until the sun swallowed the Earth.

Fred had different plans.

"Wake up, Els!" He shouted excitedly, showering her with kisses.

"No," Elodie groaned. "Come back..."

"Absolutely not." Fred beamed. "It's the dawn of a new era."

Elodie rolled over, pulling the covers over her head. "It'll still be the new era tomorrow, go back to sleep."

Fred's footsteps retreated, and Elodie thought she was safe for half of a second. She really should have known better than to ever feel safe in the dorm of the Weasley twins. Moments later, Fred emerged from the bathroom with a glass of cold water in his hand, which he promptly poured over Elodie's head.

She sat up spluttering, wiping the icy water off of her eyes. "Fredrick Weasley, you are the worst."

Fred smiled at her, changing into his robes. "Fred Florence, if you don't mind. Now get on up, darling, we've got things to do today."

Elodie wrung the water out of her hair, being extra careful to flick a few droplets at Fred.

"We're not married. And it's the first day back!"

"You're being to literal." Fred rolled his eyes. "Georgie, back me up here."

"I would, if I cared, which I don't." George snorted. "C'mon Jordan, want to go down for breakfast?"

Fred pouted, climbing back into bed with Elodie. "I've been replaced."

Elodie patted his head. "You have a seriously hard life here, pumpkin-head."

He buried his head in her chest, mumbling "yeah..." Elodie combed her fingers through his hair, smiling. Were all mornings going to be like this now?

She blissfully chatted with George and Lee as they got ready, hoping maybe Mcgonagall wouldn't notice if she and Fred didn't make it to class today. Ah, but hoping was such a futile effort.

A knock sounded at the door. "Is everyone decent? I've come to collect Els." Alicia didn't wait for an answer, stepping inside cheerfully.

Fred tried to put a protective arm around Elodie, and instead whacked her in the face.

"Ow!"

"Fred, you're an idiot. She's coming with me." Alicia said sternly.

Fred glared at her. "She's mine now, back off."

Elodie nicked Fred in the ear. "I'm going to get dressed, I'll see you lot at breakfast."

"You could summon your clothes." Fred said hopefully.

Alicia rolled her eyes. "Fred, learn to be away from your girlfriend for two seconds. We'll see you for breakfast."

They left, leaving Fred scowling behind them.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

The girl's dorm was unusually quiet when Elodie and Alicia arrived, Katie doing her makeup in a comfortable silence.