Camping (Kind Of)

Start from the beginning

Fred spoke up. "If Sirius Black is in the castle, wouldn't it make more sense if we stayed out?"

"Just my thoughts, dear brother." George grinned.

Elodie and Lee looked at them like they were crazy. "You can't be serious."

"I'm not Sirius, I'm Fred!" Fred smirked. Of course he would make that joke while a mass murderer was wandering their school.

Elodie rolled her eyes. "Sorry, I often mistake you for a serial killer because you're goddamn mental."

"We're staying outside." George decided.

"We are not staying outside." Lee countered angrily.

Elodie and Fred took a couple frightened steps back. This was the most either boy had spoken to each other in months, and they both sounded ready for a fight. George had his fists balled, and Elodie had a feeling he was angry about something else entirely.

"It's safer outside! They're locking down the whole castle, which means he'll be trapped inside there!" George argued.

"He's escaped Askaban, George. He can escape Hogwarts." Lee snapped.

"We're better off out here. There won't be any teachers shepherding us around, either."

"You're such an idiot!" Lee growled.

Fred came to his twins defense, almost instantly. "Hey, Jordan. Watch who you're calling an idiot."

George glared. "Go in the castle and get murdered, by all means. See if I care."

"And let you three die out here? No!"

Elodie was tired. It probably was none of her business, but good lord, was she over this fight. "JORDAN! WEASLEY!" She interrupted. "Talk about it, for Merlin's sake."

"Nothing to talk about." George shrugged.

"Right." Lee scoffed.

"Do you want to fucking talk about it, Jordan?! Because if I recall, you've been the one cold-shouldering me for an entire year!" George spat.

"Course I want to bloody talk about it!" Lee shouted, eyes wide. "Fuck's sake, Weasley."

The four of them stood in a stunned silence for a couple of moments.

"We'll go set up camp, then." Said Fred, tugging on Elodie's sleeve.

They left Lee and George to their devices, wandering a short distance into the forrest. Fred transfigured a couple branches into blankets, and Elodie started a fire. The trees cast interesting shadows over Fred's face, making him look like a strange work of art.

"Look, it's like we're camping." Fred grinned, tossing a twig onto the fire. It was dark out, now, the sky a dark blue to match the lake.

"I still think this is mental." Elodie remarked. She sat on a large rock, warming her hands over the crackling flames.

"I won't let him kill you, Els." Fred grinned.

"I won't let him kill you, either." She smiled back.

George and Lee were still sitting at the outskirts of the forrest, their complete visibility making Elodie nervous. She couldn't see their faces, but Lee's arm rested close to George's knee.

"Do you think he fancies him back?" Fred sighed, coming to sit next to Elodie. He threw a blanket over her.

"I think that sometimes people are mean to the person they fancy, so it's on the table." Elodie said sagely.