The Screaming Portraits

Start from the beginning

Romilda was standing in the doorway, looking wrathful.

"Welcome back." Fred said weakly.

"I knew it!" She seethed. "I knew you were cheating on me."

"We weren't doing anything!" Elodie protested.

"Shut it, minger. I can't believe you, Weasley. Couldn't you have picked someone good looking to cheat on me with?"

Fred stood up, cocking a dangerous eyebrow. "I don't think you're in a position to judge beauty, Vane."

"Go to hell." She stormed away, dark curls bouncing angrily on her back. The rest of her friends followed, throwing haughty looks at Elodie.

"Still friends?" Fred called after her sarcastically.

Elodie smacked a tired hand to her forehead. "Two galleons we're both dead by morning."

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

January 6, 1994

Surprisingly, they survived to see the next day. But the wrath of Romilda Vane would inaugurate yet.

Elodie had woken Sunday morning, expecting normality, only to find something out of her worst nightmare waiting for her once she left the security of the Gryffindor tower.

The girl had to be some kind of genius.

An evil genius, at that.

The portrait of the Fat Lady opened to admit her into the hall, and promptly started screaming aspersions at her.

"You loathsome little whore, you're going straight to hell-" The portrait shouted.

"What?" Elodie gaped.

The other portraits noticed Elodie and started agreeing with the Fat Lady, calling her all sorts of foul names. Romilda. Of course it was Romilda.

Elodie ran back in the common room, the jeers of the portraits following her. She slammed the door behind her, and took the stairs two at a time to the boy's dormitories.

"You're girlfriend-" Elodie panted angrily. "Has charmed all the portraits to yell obscenities at me!

Fred, George, and Lee were still in bed-Finnigan was the only one truly awake, brushing his hair out in a mirror.

"Hello." He said awkwardly.

"Hi, Finnigan." Elodie greeted him apologetically. "You." She rounded on Fred, hitting him over the head with a pillow.

"Aren't you charming in the morning." He grumbled, snatching the pillow from her hands.

"Wake up." Elodie sighed.

"Anything for you, love." He grinned sleepily, hoisting himself up against the backboard.

"Care to go into the hall with me?" She said flatly.

"Love to." Fred nodded. "Just be a moment, darling."

He pulled a casual Nirvana shirt exhaustedly over his head and a pair of loose grey jeans.

Don't look, Elodie, don't look.

"Be back up in a minute, Georgie." He promised his brother, who grunted tiredly in return.

Elodie had a question. One she needed solved. Did Romilda Vane put the enchantment on both of them, or just her? If only Elodie was cursed, that was misogynistic bullshit if she ever saw it.