Adorable Like a Dragon

Začít od začátku

"You were distracting me!" She frowned.

Fred grinned. "Really, now? I'm flattered."

"Oh, go fuck yourself, Weasley." Elodie rolled her eyes.

"I'd much rather you participated in that." He smirked.

Elodie smacked him. "You wish."

"I do." He nodded seriously.

Elodie groaned. "Were going to be stuck here all day."

That was the thing about the trick step: you needed someone else to pull you out of it. And the castle was almost completely vacant, especially at six in the morning. Their best hope was a patrolling teacher coming and finding them, and then they would have to explain why there was moldy meringue pie stuck under the step.

"I'll use my twin telepathy to call George." Fred said confidently.

Elodie sat down, making an impatient clucking noise. Fred had his fingers to his temples, like someone out of Star Trek.

"You two are idiots." Came a voice from behind them.

"Georgie! Hah! I told you, twin telepathy!" Fred rejoiced, dragging Elodie up by the hand.

"Nip it, wanker. I came down because Els wasn't in bed when I woke up." George snickered.

Elodie smiled smugly at Fred. "See? No such thing as twin telepathy."

"I never said that." George said enigmatically. "Freddie, what am I thinking about right now?"

Fred shrugged. "I dunno, probably Jordan."

"I hate you." George rolled his eyes.

Fred grinned. "Love you too. A little help, here?"

George reached down and pulled Elodie out of the step by her arms. Her shoes were covered in sticky meringue, but it was a relief just to have them on solid ground.

"Thanks, darling." She beamed.

"Now me!" Fred beseeched upon his brother.

George smiled sweetly. "No." He said, patting Fred atop the head.

"What?!" Fred looked at them incredulously.

Elodie nudged George, "Look at little Freddie, he's shorter than me now!" She said proudly.

"What about you, lovely?" Fred turned to her. "Help me up?"

Elodie poked out her tongue mockingly. "Maybe you should call for some help. After all, I'm sure my dad would be more than happy to pull you out." She smirked, skipping away.

"Good idea, I'll ask him for your hand in marriage!" Fred called after her.

"Nice try, knob-head!" She shouted back.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

A short "scourgify" cleaned up her shoes all right, so Elodie headed straight for the hospital wing.

It was terrible of her, letting Fred get away practically scot-free after what he had done to Forrest.

She would just have to keep the two boys as separate as possible. After all, what harm could come from that?

Forrest was still asleep in his cot when she got to the wing, just as she hoped he would be. Elodie conjured a cup of tea from the breakfast table downstairs, and set it down on his bedside.