As A Catholic...

Okay, so this is a very touchy subject and I usually avoid talking about religious beliefs because I've always understood that everybody has the right to believe in whatever they want.

However, I draw the line when I see posts of non-believers being total idiots by aggressively denying other people's faiths; therefore, removing a basic human right every individual has been born with.

No, this is not a question that was asked.

This was brought on from me passing through a book here on Wattpad that made a touchy sentiment about religion.

Specifically, the God we Christians believe in.

First of all, don't be a close-minded bigot.

It irritates me to no end when I see people attack a religious belief and proclaim that their word holds more power than the Bible.

Newsflash! It doesn't. At least not to me.

You don't own the right to ridicule a person's faith. You can believe in logic or whatever the hell you want; provide evidence or proof of whatever sh*t you need just to prove a point.

But don't you EVER think for a second that you, a mere stranger, can change the mind of a religious believer.

When you shoot down the faith of the people around you, you are no different than the narrow-minded people that insist God will smite you for being gay or being an unconventional woman.

You're not proving a point by not respecting other people's beliefs.

You're shoving sentiments that don't amount to anything but garbage down people's throats - which, by the way, is counter-productive.

Second, do not generalize all religious believers.

Not everyone who believes in God will come and attack you with the word of the Lord. Give me a f*cking break. You not believing in our God is the least and most possibly, not part of our worries.

Nobody cares if you don't believe in our God. They care when you try and freaking insist that the God we believe in is nonexistent based on human logic - which might I point out, can still be retracted since there is no such thing as a perfection in human beings.

I'm a Catholic, proud but not the obsessive type.

I have the heart to believe that yes, there is a God up there watching over us and yes, I don't give a rat's ass if you don't believe in Him. I won't go to your page and attack your entire family and condemn you all to Hell just because you don't have the same beliefs as I do.

Don't make out every faith believer to be some kind of psychotic idiot that has nothing better to do than try and make you - a complete stranger - believe in our God.

Third, the Bible is not perfect.

I don't care if the Bible says gay people should go and die in a hole or that women should submit their asses to men like they're nothing more than a means to get rid of the day's stress.

Don't think that just because we have the Bible, we all follow it to a T.

I don't and despite that, my faith remains in contact. It's hard. I mean, have you seen what's written there just so you could go to Heaven? They're downright difficult to follow and I salute all those that are able to do so because I sure as hell can't survive a day without getting pissed at somebody's incompetence.

For f*ck's sake, the Bible was written so many years ago.

The things written in the there shouldn't be taken at face value. It should be taken as a lesson that will suit the kind of society we live in. I look at it more as a guideline, something to remind me that this particular deed does not sit well with my faith.

It all depends on the believer and you have no right to think otherwise.

Personally, I find it funny when I see hardcore faith believers use the Bible to condemn people to the fiery pits of Hell. I respect the Bible with my entire heart and soul but even I wouldn't use it as an argument to prove a point.

Not once did I ever bring in the issue of God saying this or that in any of my conversations. I use common knowledge and logic - all the while, avoiding the Bible as a standpoint. Because not only can it be countered, it is inconsistent.

When someone says gay people should die because God says so, I immediately go into attack mode because the God I believe in isn't that shallow.

Hence. think what you will but leave us alone.

You're free to believe whatever you want to believe.

You don't believe in my God and my Bible, then fine. I won't freaking drag you to Church to cleanse you of whatever sins you think I've showered you with.

However, do not even think about denying our God because I will f*cking come and show you how scary human logic is.