"Father, please don't go!" The boys cries out in a desperate attempt to stop his Sensei and father. But he kept walking until he was at the entrance of the Dojo. Slowly, his father turns back to looks at him one more time.

"You disappoint me, Budo." The man says coldly. "Why can't you just listen?"

"F-Fath..."

"I would never rely on you to protect me if danger ever comes in my path, and I hope others will do the same." The man says leaving a young Budo stunned. "Either improve...or get out."

The man walks briskly out of the Dojo and slides the door shut leaving Budo to be showered in darkness.

As soon as his father left, Budo fell to his knees, he was shocked and hurt that his father had said that to him but he knew it was true. All of it was true. Tears rolled down his cheeks as his fists pressed against the floor of the Dojo.

It was always like this, its been like this for generations. The Masuta family fought in Dojo's for decades, some of his ancestors were even looked upon as heroes in their time. Budo craved to be like them, but no matter how hard he tried nothing seemed to be good enough. The Masuta's family's high expectations on each new generation never cease to disappoint them. Each generation was gifted with some fighting talent and made them very well known in many famous Dojo's. Every generation was special, all except for him. He was sure he would be the downfall of his family, the failure and the one that everyone would look down on for more generations to come.

"I'll never be good enough...its just simply impossible for me!" Budo yanks off his white bandana from his head and throws it on the floor. That very bandana had belong to his father who had given it to him as a present when he first starting fighting. Budo remembers his fathers high hopes for him at the beginning, he was eager to teach Budo all his special moves and defense tactics and even guarantee that with his teaching he would get a black belt in no time. but all of that was gone now. All that hope seem to fade with each failure.

"I hate this...I hate that I can't do this!" Budo says to himself between sobs. He must have looked so pathetic right now, crying on the floor of the Dojo after he failed to simply break a board. He wanted to improve but he just couldn't, nothing seem to click with him. He was a failure.

"Masuta-Sensei~?" A cheery voice suddenly echos into the Dojo and a crack of light was seen from the entrance.

Budo clears his throat not wanting to show that he was crying. "Masuta-Sensei...is outside training with...another student." Budo says softly as he wipes his eyes from tears.

"Ah I see..~!" The voice says almost playfully, the door opens wider pouring in more sunlight into the Dojo. The person steps into the Dojo with heels clicking against the floor.

Click Click Click.

"..." Budo paid no attention to the person, he was trying hard to stop himself from crying but more tears poured down from his eyes. He stared at the floor glumly until he felt a hand on his shoulder. He quickly looks up to see a young woman crouched down next to him. The woman had soft charcoal eyes and pretty midnight hair, she was a beautiful woman, maybe much beautiful than his own mother.

"What are you doing in the dark? You should go outside and play." The woman says smiling warmly at him. She outstretches her hand to him but Budo immediately moves away from it.

"No..I don't deserve that!" Budo says almost shouting, he was angry but mostly angry at himself. "I can't fight well...and I couldn't protect anyone even if I tried!" A bitter smile spreads across Budo's face, he knew when it was time to give up, and at the moment he was willing to. He was tired of failing and tired of trying.