Broken again

It was cold and dark . Things were scarcely visible. From what could be seen , there were perhaps big drums, arranged in a row. The floor was hard and had developed cracks. A man had been hiding behind one of those drums for long. By his appearance , he seemed to have belonged to a good family , seemingly rich. However , his face was telling numerous tales of trauma. His hand had wounds that had already stopped bleeding. His eyes , were quite noticeable. The big expressive eyes which right now were all full of fatigue.

With careful move as to not make any sound , he pushed his hair back and moved a little to look around . It seemed quite ,  contrary to the noises he heard few hours back. He took a sigh of relief. He stayed in his position for few more minutes. He closed his eyes and clenched his fist as if to gather strength. With one swift move , he got up and started walking the deserted road with quick steps . He looked at his watch which had its glass broken. It was 3 A.M.  His forehead developed lines. He got anxious.

"She must be waiting for me. She must be scared. I need to go to her. "
" I need to go to her." The man kept on repeating to himself , like a maniac. He was now almost running.  The wound on his hand was bleeding again . However , he couldn't care less. The only thing on his mind was to get to her , as soon as possible.

He halted before a big mansion. The nameplate read  , ' ZoHir' . He quickly got through the door and rushed towards the staircase. His heart was racing. He didn't want to believe any of what has happened in past few days. He reached the door and pushed it open.
A tear drop rolled down his eyes.

She was still there , sleeping peacefully. Sahir kept looking at her ,for few minutes. She was his only light in this storm of darkness. Her beautiful face made his heart at peace. Within no time , he started crying. He had been holding it for long. Softly , he caressed her hair.
"I am sorry. " He whispered .

Little Zaira  moved  a bit. She was in deep sleep completely unaware of her father's presence next to her. Sahir looked at the picture , Zaira had in her hands.

He smiled for a second before tears welled up again. The smile was angelic. Those big eyes , black hair and big jhumka.
"Zoya!" He said gently as if speaking her name loud would break his tender heart. 
His Zoya was still beautiful . Only part that she 'WAS'.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok so people , any idea? What has happened? And where is Zoya? Well , a little patience . I believe I will find it out soon for you people.
Also , updates will be short. I am sorry but you all know long updates are not my cup of tea. So until next update , keep guessing and let me know. Take care.

With love ,
Shivja.