Chapter 4 - Brilliant thinking

"And this is a phone?"

"Correct!" placing down the device you go to pick up another only to hear the Avengers rush in with Clint bleeding in Thor's arms. "What the hell happened?!"

"Clint go hurt badly-"

"Yeah, no shit, Cap! How?!"

"Poisoned spear," Nat knew to collect the weapon and handed it over to you.

"Bring him to my room now," walking with the group you inspected the dripping green acid. "Loki, I'll be needing your help here,"

Loki silently agreed as Clint was rested on your desk. Handing the weapon to Loki, he swirled his magic over it, finding out what type of poison it was. "Aqua Tofana,"

"Are you kidding?!"

"Lady Y/n, breathe, panicking will do no good," Loki placed a hand on your shoulder as you stripped Clint to reveal the wound to his stomach.

"You're right..." Taking a deep breath you focus. "Dried walnuts, figs, rue leaves, and a pinch of salt, it should be in my cabinets,"

"Mithridatum? Brilliant thinking," Loki scoured the cabinets for the ingredients as you stabilized Clint's condition, trying your best to extract what you could.

"Know how to make it?" You mused from beside the god who had taken out your cauldron.

"In all my years of study, if I was incapable I would be ashamed," he chuckles, placing together the ingredients. "How is the wound?"

"The poison sunk no deeper than his outer longitudinal,"

"Let me take over, it seems your equipment despises me," Loki chuckles, switching places with you to stabilize the Archer. "You did very well with the extraction,"

"No the first time dealing with this idiot getting poisoned," boiling the ingredients until the liquid turned clear, you cooled it down and brought it over.

"Apply it gently, we don't want to mess it up," Loki mumbles in concern.

"Thanks for the support, Lokes," the heroes watched in confusion at Loki's willingness to help, the concern and worry that he had for the archer. "Grab the cloth from that box," Loki rushes to collect the item, helping you carefully wrap Clint up.

"That should seal up nicely... if..." Loki cuts a bit of Aloe Vera from your forest and walks back over after stripping it of it's out layer. "This will stop the scarring,"

"Not bad," nudging the god, he smiles, placing the gel over the wound.

"I return the compliment, Lady Y/n, I don't think I would have thought of Mithridatum,"

"He's going to be ok?" Nat asks, interrupting the conversation.

"Quite fine, daily Chamomile tea and bandage changing will speed up recovery," Loki hums, before looking up to see the confused group. "Did I do something?"

"It's more like what you didn't do..." Bruce whispers as Loki looks to you for an explanation.

~~~

"So you studied medicinal herbs?"

Loki helped scrub the blood from your desk as you mopped the floors. "Well, my mother was persistent on me learning everything,"

"I'll have to thank her, Clint might have killed me if he was left with another scar,"

"I think it was more so his fault for such a wound,"

Chuckling softly you strain the mop and disappear it from sight, wiping up the remaining blood from your hands onto a cloth. "He's a big baby and will look for anything to complain about,"

"It would seem so," after wiping the last stain away, Loki sighed and tossed the cloth into a bucket of water. "I think that is the last of it,"

"You are an angel," you sigh before collapsing on your bed. "I really owe you,"

"You owe me nothing of the sort, Lady Y/n,"

"I sure as hell do, I'll think of something... Oh!" slipping off your bed and crawling underneath you take out a small box. Loki peaked over as you rummage through the box of Knick knacks, taking out a small sea shell.

"A shell?"

"A very pretty one," you quip before handing it to him. Forest green outer shell with small spots of brown, Loki admired it in his hand fondly. "My friend said you aren't picky about things on your alter,"

"They are correct, I think this will suffice as payment for my services," he smiles, clutching it tight as you walk out the room with him.

"I'm so glad the god of mischief approves," walking down the hall and to the group, they all stand up and approach.

"Loki," Nat was the first to greet. "I'd just like to say... I was wrong, about you, I think we all were, and we would all like to thank you for helping Y/n save Clint,"

"You are very welcome, Lady Natasha," Loki bows his head slightly.

~~~

"The Nøkken is a water spirit which lures his victims into the water,"

"That's like The mermaids from pirates and the Caribbean!... But the male version?"

"I'm not sure what this pirates of the Caribbean is but I presume your connection is close," Loki holds up a picture. "They lure people into the water with Violins and can take the form of a horse,"

"So mermaid Sherlock Holmes... well noted," you hum.

"I do not understand your references," the library door opens to reveal Clint and Tasha... though it seemed more like Clint was being nudge towards Loki. "Evening, Barton, has the wound sealed up?"

"Uh... yeah... I-" He turns to Nat who nods sternly. "I just want to say thanks for saving my ass, you too, Y/n,"

"You're welcome," You mumble, knowing where this was headed.

"So uh, Loki, I just want to say that I was wrong about you... even though you mind controlled me and shit, you're not such an evil dickbag," a book was flung at the Hawk's head by the redhead. "Ow! Ok! You're a good person, there I said it! Can I go now?"

"Yeah," Nat chuckles.

"Look at you go, getting even Clint to say thanks," nudging the god, he rolls his eyes before opening the book again. "Roll your eyes all you want but you can't deny that you like it," singing with a laugh, Loki hits your shoulder with the book.

"Quiet down, enchantress,"

"You find me enchanting?" you tease quietly causing him to scoff and walk away. "I was kidding!"

~~~

Smile bitches

Smile bitches

- Anna ❤️