Chapter 13: Tsuzumi Mansion

Start from the beginning

"You mean You didn't reach out to me out of love because you were worried?" The blonde boy asked, baffled.

"I already have a fiancé, so not on your life! With all that energy, you must be fine now, right? Goodbye!" The girl yelled before turning around and walked away angrily from the blonde boy.

Third Person POV

"W-wait, come back! Come..." The blond boy trailed of as the girl left them.

"Hey, you need to cut that out, dattebane." Nanami said.

"Huh?" The blonde boy turned to see the kind and pretty red-head girl who saved him during Final Selection and also the one who gave him an ointment to treat his bruises. He slowly stood up and made his way towards her. Nanami tilted her head in confusion as the boy took her right hand. He had a serious but determined expression on his face before moving closer to her as she leaned her head back for space.

"Uh... what are you doing?" Nanami said. She was creeped out at the notion.

"Pretty lady! Ever since we met at the Final Selection, I thought we would never see each other. But now it would seem that fate had brought us together, please marry me!" The blonde boy declared as Nanami blinked at this sudden proposal, glancing down at her hand before looking back at the blond boy. Tanjiro stood in shock. His eyebrow twitched in annoyance as he was about to reprimand him when the red head smiled and squeezed his hand, but not enough to break his fingers.

The boy screamed in pain before the red head girl let go of his hand. The boy hold his throbbing hand before looking at the red-head girl who had smile on her face.

"Please refrain yourself from doing that again, alright?" The red head sweetly said with a tick mark and her fist out. Tanjiro stood at the side with a sweat drop seeing as Nanami could handle this herself.

'Not only was she kind and pretty, but she's also as scary as I remembered.' The boy thought as he looked at her and nodded quickly.
———————————————————————————————————

After that incident, the three of them are walking together with Tanjiro in between Nanami and the blonde boy that they learned is Agatsuma Zenitsu. The red head girl apologized for almost crushing his hand and went to treat it much to his delight but she threatened him that if he does something like that again, she will no doubt break it making the boy hide behind Tanjiro.

"How are you?" Tanjiro asked him as Zenitsu seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"Yeah. Now that I'm calmer, I'm getting hungry." Zenitsu said.

"You didn't have any food on you?" Nanami asked.

"Nope." He replied. Nanami sighed and pull out a rice ball from her pocket and gave it to the poor boy, "Here, eat this." She said.

"Hey, thanks." Zenitsu said and took a bite out of the rice ball. He then glanced at the two to see that both of them are not eating.

"You guys are not eating?" Zenitsu asked.

"No, since that's all we've got." Tanjiro answered. Both Nanami and Tanjiro decided to have a shared supply of food before leaving for their first mission, however, it looks like that they needed to restock though.

Zenitsu looked at them concerned before glancing down at the rice ball in his hand and started dividing it into three and gave the two pieces to Tanjiro and Nanami.

"Here." He offered.

"You sure? Thanks!" Tanjiro said, taking the rice ball out of his hand followed by Nanami who gave him a thankful smile.