Chapter 7 - The Unexpected

Start from the beginning

At this, Hermione looked at their hands and slowly tilted her head up to see Harry's face. He leaned in and closed his eyes until their lips met. Everytime it did, Harry felt a surge of tingles across his body and wanted more. The kiss got more passionate as their mouths battled for dominance as if making up for the many years they had wanted to do that.

Harry moved away from Hermione's lips and planted soft kisses on her neck. Harry felt Hermione arch her neck to give him more access, as she tangled her hands in his hair and made it possible for it to appear messier than it had. Harry pushed himself up and gazed at Hermione's beautiful eyes.

"Now I know what Ron meant by me interrupting something enjoyable." Harry remembered back to a few days ago and Hermione laughed as a result. "Don't get me wrong Hermione, this is more than rather enjoyable, however I am starving. Would you like to accompany me to breakfast?"

"What? You can't go there without missing me?" Hermione smirked, "Alright then, if you insist. But you're going to have to fix your hair, it's all over the place! Partly my fault, sorry." Harry took off to a close by mirror and patted down his hair. Most of it was somewhat neat with bit of hair sticking out. He tried to neatly fix the stray hairs but it was no use. His hair can't be tamed. Hermione laughed hysterically and kissed Harry on the cheek. They both exited Hermione's room and after, the dormitory.

***

Harry was in a good mood, his plan for a fresh start of the day was fulfilled. He walked beside Hermione on their way to the Great Hall. Occasionally, he would slide his hand to Hermione's but not for anyone to notice. Soon after, they arrived at the Great Hall and found that people were giving stares. Harry even heard one of them questioning about his hair. Then again, he heard a response which sort of relieved him but offended him at the same time. "His hair always looks like that." Fair enough. Harry was on his way to where they usually sat before Hermione violently tugged on his sleeve.

"Harry can we sit somewhere else? We sort of got into a fight and I don't - let's just sit here," Hermione nodded towards Ron and pulled him towards Luna Lovegood. Haven't seen her in a while, Harry thought.

"Oh, hello Harry, Hermione." Luna said bowing her head.

"Hello Luna, we were wondering if we could sit here." Asked Harry whilst giving occassional glances towards Ron.

"Oh, sure, no problem by all means." said Luna with a calm smile.

Harry took a spot inbetween Luna and Hermione and noticed that Hermione was glaring at Ron only a few seats away. He grabbed the top of her hand and made tiny circles with his thumb to reassure her, which seemed to work. A bit. Hermione turned around and gave Harry a small smile. They both were thinking of the same thing. How will they ever manage to work something out between them without hurting Ron.

Harry wasn't even sure what he had between Hermione, he just knew that he wanted it to be that way for a long time. It seemed like only a mere second that he had touched those lips and kissed that neck. He wondered whether he would be able to do it again.

His thoughts were interrupted by a Hermione's soft fingers intertwining with his and smiled. She then leaned on his shoulder and breathed in heavily. Harry closed his eyes at her touch. Her head on his shoulder to her hand in his. Their fellow wizards and witches didn't seem to notice as they knew they were very close with each other, with the exception of those who thought they were together. Rita Skeeter, Cho, Dumbledore and Ron were the majority who did. But of course, Harry didn't mind.

"So Harry," Luna said in a gentle voice, "why are you here all of a sudden? Is it because Ron is jealous of you two?"

"How did you - I mean what do you mean jealous of us two? Did Ron say something to you?" Questions Harry, clearly confused. Luna belonged to Ravenclaw after all so being able to question Harry and Hermione why they were sitting in a spot in the Gryffindor table was quite strange.

"No, just a thought. You know, you and Hermione would make a wonderful couple." Harry grinned at this and tilted his head so that he was resting on Hermione's which was on his shoulders. After a while it was time to go to classes. He had most of his classes seated next or near Hermione unless she was in another class studying Ancient Runes. The day went speedy for Harry. It was as if he were happy, it goes faster as opposed to when he's not. Soon enough, it was time for dinner. Harry and Hermione sat where they sat for breakfast.
Although instead of sitting next to Luna, Harry sat next to Neville who was beside Luna.

"So Harry, I heard yeh and Hermione are together," Neville smirked and Harry responded, "No-well I'm not exactly sure. It's sort of...complicated." After his answer, Neville shutted up and ate his meal. It seemed only a minute until a booming voice filled the hall. It belonged to Professor McGonagall.

"Sorry for the interuption but I believe I have something important to announce," the headmistress waited for the last chatters to silence and continued, "Hogwarts will be holding a ball in celebration of the victory of the war! After many horrific encounters, the school still held strong and what must we do other than celebrate!" Students cheered and chanted in rejoice of the defeat of Lord Voldemort and quitened again at the alarm of Professor McGonagall's voice.

"It will be held this Friday, you have three days to ask for partners to the dance. Enjoy your evening!"

Hermione had a stern look on her face like she hated the idea. Harry remembered the last time they had a dance. It surely didn't end up so well. He somehow knew that she was worried about the mention of partner, of having to choose between Ron or him. The dinner soon finished and the two "best friends" totted back to their dormitory without a word. As soon as they sat on the couch by the fireplace Harry broke the silence.

"You could go with Ron if you like. I'll find someone else." He said concerned about the state Hermione was in.

"No I want to go with you, believe me." Hermione frowned a bit at the idea of breaking Ron's heart but then shifted to a completely different subject, "Remember the time you asked me to Professor Slughorn's party? And I declined because I accepted that good for nothing arrogant-thing?"

"Yes, in 6th Year, why is that?" Harry answered, struggling to figure out the point.

"Well I regretted it but at the same time i don't. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen the way you looked at Ginny. I noticed that you look at me the same way and I just want to be sure if I was correct." Hermione gulped and raised both eyebrows.

"When was the last time you were ever wrong at something?" Harry chuckled, "but yes, I never realize I have a certain look to those I fancy, thanks for the heads up. Next time I'll make it less obvious." Hermione laughed along with Harry then calmed down a bit.

"What if there won't be a next time?" Harry was held back by the sudden statement and tried to make sense of it.

"What do you mean by that exactly?"

"Well I mean it both ways really. What if we have a future together? Or in another sense, what if we don't?" Again, Harry didn't know how to respond. No one has ever considered, not even spoke to him, about having a future. Not even Ginny who was still ignoring him. Instead he smiled and wrapped his arm around Hermione, kissing her forehead.

"Well surely there will be something for us in the future. I am more than happy to spend the rest of my life with you." The two turned their heads to gaze at each other's eyes. Hermione slowly leaned in and made contact with Harry's lips. The kiss was slow and passionate and full of love. Much so that they lost track of time.

"We should really get to bed," reminded Hermione with a grin on her face.

"Only if you come with me." Harry teased smirking.

"Alright up we get, no more for today." Harry whined in dissappointment but got along with the plan any way.

"Good night." whispered Harry on Hermione's forehead.

"Good night." Their lips met one last time before Harry and Hermione went straight to their beds, replacing the act of sleep with thoughts of what will be, everlasting memories.

* * *
Hi guys! Sorry this update took ages, there's so much happening at school😷 anyway i wrote this chapter for more Harmione momentssss I hoped you liked it. Please continue to vote and comment things, I love interacting with people❤️❤️ anyway thank you so much for being patient with me. Chapter 8 will come as soon as possible!