(1) You Have But One Choice

*    *    *    *

* * * *

"Prince Leopold?" The head-maid, Marie, called, knocking on Leo's bedroom door. She had short brown hair and light pink eyes. Marie was a nice and polite maid. Her parents, grandparents, and great grandparents had been working for the Henry family for as long as she could remember. It seemed fitting that she continued the tradition as well.

Marie had her hands folded in front of her and a small smile on her face as she waited for Leo to open his door. She had no problem with her job. In fact, she quite enjoyed it.

"Marie...is that you?" Leo slowly opened the door, and Marie gasped covering her eyes. "M- my prince...! Y-you...must get dressed immediately. The Queen w-wants...to see you." Marie quickly bowed, and hurriedly walked off. Her face was beet red.

The reason most likely being because Leo was only wearing his red and blue polka-dotted boxers. He exercised daily as ordered by his father, so he had an extremely nice body — as in six-pack — extremely nice body. No wonder Marie ran away with a blushing face.

His silver hair, matching that of an angel's wings, reached passed his waist and curled at the tips around his sides. The Silver Prince rubbed his emerald eyes in a frustrated manner as he closed his bedroom door and leaned his back up against it.

Mother wants to see me...

He stared up at the ceiling, contemplating what he should do. He first thought about what would happen if he disobeyed Queen Charlotte...

In the end, Leo decided to get dressed.

He combed his hair through to the very bottom, deciding to wear it down. But then he thought about it again and decided to, instead, pull it back. He thought it would match the look he was going for for today better.

It wasn't as if he was preparing for a ball or anything so he decided to wear something casual. A plain shirt with a black blazer and ironed black pants. After he finished getting ready, he opened his door and sighed deeply.

"What could mother want with me now?" Leo closed his door and stuffed his hands in his pockets as he walked down a red-carpeted hallway. Hung on the opposing walls were pictures of past Henrys that had lived in the palace.

As he neared the end of the hallway he spotted the head-maid from earlier. He waved.

"P-prince Leopold...!" She was startled by his sudden appearance. Marie cleared her throat.

"I see...you're dressed now."

"Oh, um, sorry about that..."

Marie shook her head quickly, "no, no! Don't apologize to someone like me...!" She stared at the floor. Leo frowned, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"It pains me to know you think like that. I've been telling you that there's no reason to be so formal, Marie. I hold all of the staff here very close to my heart." He suddenly displayed a smile on his full lips.