💘💘💘 PART TWO - Moving On 💘💘💘

Начните с самого начала

  "Where's Daddy?" Alexa's question made me freeze.

  I wasn't expecting her to ask me such, and I didn't know the right answer to give. But I knew I had to say something. Moms ought to make things right.

  "Yes, Mommy. Tell us why we don't have a daddy like other kids at school." Alex dropped the building blocks he held in his hands and made to sit beside me.

  "Well, babies. Your dad traveled outside the country and he won't be coming back anytime soon," I tried to sound as convincing as possible. And besides, they're just kids. They'll believe anything.

  "Really, mommy?" Alexa's eyes shone with excitement.

  "Yes, baby."

  "But can we talk to him?" Alex suggested, and I tried not to frown.

  "No, sweetheart. Not for the mean time." I shook my head and patted his. "Now come on, you two. Let's go have some candies."

  "Yay! Candies, candies!" The twosome sang with delight, and I couldn't help but smile at how charming they looked.

☆ ~~~ ☆ ~~~ ☆ ~~~ ☆

  Alex had this allergy problems when he got to eat too much sugar in a day. I had that same problem, and I had no idea Maya had bought some cotton candy for them that same day.

  I was really terrified when I found out he wasn't feeling well. And we were out of meds, so sweet were left with no choice but to go to the hospital.

  "Mommy, where are we?"

  I woke up to the sound of Alex's voice. "Sweedy, you're up. How are you feeling?'

  "Mm. I feel fine. Where is Lexi?"

  I smiled and answered, "Lexi's at home. She's with aunt Maya, baby."

  "Really, Mommy? Why aren't they here? Is Lexi still angry with me?"

  "Oh, come on, baby. You know your sister can never be angry with you." I rubbed his hand. The twins have never been apart for so long, so I knew exactly how he felt. "And why didn't you tell me you had cotton candy before? I told you not to have too much sugar, remember?" I scolded softly and he bowed his head.

  "I'm sorry, Mommy. I just didn't want you to shout."

  I laughed softly at his tender voice and gave his knuckle a rub. "It's okay, baby. "I'm just really glad you're okay. But know aunt Maya and I are going to have a chat. Why didn't she tell me that you guys had cotton candy?"

  "No, Mommy. It's not aunt Maya's fault. We told her we wanted to. Please don't shout at her." He begged with frightened eyes.

  "Oh, all right. I won't yell at her." I smiled and kissed his hand.

  "But I'm not going to die, right,Mommy?"

  I laughed at his funny question. "Of course not, sweetheart. You are not going to die. Mommy won't let anything happen to you."

  "She's right, you know."

  My heart skipped at the recognition of the voice. Richard -

☆ ~~~ ☆ ~~~ ☆ ~~~ ☆

  "So, you're a... um... a"

  "A doctor?" He raised a brow, and I nodded.

  "Yes. That. You know, you look seasoned and all. Fresh even." I shrugged my shoulders and sighed with regret. "God, Richard. I have a lot to tell you." I felt really awkward being with him. I didn't expect us to meet like this, not in this way. But I was really happy seeing that he was living his dreams.