She now understand the terror her rivals must of felt when she had chased them with her knife. Knife. She had a knife in her skirt pocket maybe she could use it against her. Ayano quickly goes into her skirt pocket fishing for her knife, she had to slow down her pace to do this due to the knife moving away from her fingertips. Once she felt the handle she quickly pulls it out. Without any time to think the demonic woman pounces on her like a predator, Ayano drops the knife from the impact and it slides away from her grasp.

"Gahh!" Ayano yells in pain, the demon woman's inhumanly long fingertips were now embedded into her shoulders to keep her still. "...NNgh hel-HELP!" Ayano was surprised at herself she never thought she would say that word.

"You can scream all you want but you're alone in this world, no one will save you!" The woman growls raising her hand in the air.

"...." She was right her words were lifeless in this world and she was completely alone to perish yet she kept hoping and she didn't know why but then it slowly came to her. For under a week she was protected and deeply cared by someone who didn't have to, wasn't obligated to but naturally came into her life.

"Why aren't you screaming!?" The woman says pausing her attack in distaste. "Why don't you scream for me~?"

"Even if you wear this skin...you'll never know what its like to feel warmth." Ayano says her charcoal eyes piercing at the woman's red ones. "You'll never be Ayano Aishi."

Ayano spits at the woman's face, the woman snarls and raises her inhumanly long clawed hand.

SLASH

_____________________________________________________________________________

Beep....Beep.....BEEEEEP-

The heart rate monitor in the hospital room of Ayano Aishi started to decline. Immediately, Saki and Budo stop their quiet chatter and looked at the monitor with wide eyes.

"Ayano!" Budo quickly goes to Ayano side with fear in his eyes. Saki rushes to the bed side and presses the red emergency button to get the doctors. Upon response Doctors immediately poured into the room.

"Sir, you and your friend need to leave!" One of the nurses say as she tries to rush Saki and Budo out. Saki obliged to the nurses orders however, Budo did not.

"Masuta-kun we need to leave the room!"

"I won't leave if this is the last time I'm going to see her alive!"

"Sir, you need to leave!" The nurse says again but in a more demanding voice.

"She isn't breathing......We're losing her! Initiate CPR!" Cried one of the doctors in the background. Another doctor immediately grabs the chest paddles and starts it up.

"Masuta-kun!-"

"CLEAR!" Immediately one of the doctors presses the chest paddles against Ayano causing a disturbing shocking noise to echo in the room. Budo watches in slow motion as they try to shock Ayano back to alive with no response following. His charcoal eyes fixed to the declining heart rate monitor.

Ba-dump Ba-dump

This was his fault.

Ba-dump Ba-dump

He was the one who foresaw something like this happening, if only he was strong enough to stop Kokona, if only he took that hit instead of Ayano.

Her heart was in his hands.

"You'll eventually bring her to me..."

"No....!!" Budo pushes past all the doctors and grabs onto Ayano's hand tightly. "You can't die on me!" he says desperately with tears brimming his charcoal eyes.

"Sir, you need to step bac-"

"You're a defender remember!" Budo cries as he releases Ayano's hand and holds her. Her skin was losing it's warmth and he couldn't feel her heartbeat, he holds her tightly. He was angry at himself for being so weak at the wrong moment he needed to see her open her eyes, she needed to live.

"YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!"

**********************

Ayano's eyes widen as she heard someone calling for her, currently the monster was tearing away at her form to reach her soul no matter how many times she struggled it was useless, she was currently stopping herself from screaming but she heard it, she heard it clearly.

"Budo...?"

"Heheh...looks like he's watching you die!" The woman cackles in amusement as she pauses her attack.

Even on her death-bed Budo was by her side, Why? Why did he care for her so much? He should of moved on but he didn't, he was there watching her die in reality and telling her to wake up.

"Budo....you idiot...."

That's when Ayano felt it, something pulsing in her chest while the monster was distracted with laughter she slowly brought her limp arm and rested it to her chest. Her heart was beating. The woman upon noticing Ayano's shocked look realizes it too.

"NO...NO..." The woman shrieks. "I WON'T LET YOU LEAVE, THAT BODY WILL BE MINE!!" The woman raises her hand probably ready for the final blow, Ayano quickly looks around for anything that could help her then she realizes the knife was still there. In a desperate attempt she thrashes her arm around for the handle, her fingertips brush against it and she grabs it with all her might. Before the demon could even attack her Ayano plunges the knife right into the demon woman's eyes, upon contact with the sharp blade the woman draws back and lets out a gurgling shriek.

Ayano takes advantage of the situation and quickly shuffles away from her. As she attempts to stand up she could feel her body rejecting any movement due to the tremendous pain inflicted on her. She struggles to get on her feet and suddenly notices a light right across from her, it seemed to sparkle in the darkness. Ayano starts to limp towards it outstretching her hand to the sparkling light. The Demon notices this and shakily goes after her.

"YOU CAN LEAVE BUT YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE ME!" The woman screeches. "I'LL CURSE YOU AND THAT BOY!!"

Ayano's ears were currently drowning out any sound she heard, her eyes were focused on the light ahead of her. She heaved and panted as she was pushing herself to the limit this point, a trail of blood left her as it pattered to the ground. She had to make it she wanted to live. Ayano made a dash for it and ran straight towards the light ignoring all the pain screaming at her. She outstretches her hand out to it and immediately felt it's warm embrace.

"You shouldn't have underestimated us, demon."

"NOOOOOOO!!!" The woman's voice was the last thing she heard as she was enveloped into the light.

********************************

....Beep....Beep

Ayano could hear the sound of a heart rate monitor in the distance along with a few gasps, she slowly opens her eyes to be face to face with another set of charcoal eyes.

"....M-Mom...?"

"A-Ayano!?"

As her eyes adjusted she realizes those charcoal eyes belong to Budo.

Upon seeing her well and awake Budo was in shock and in pure happiness, he immediately hugs Ayano tightly.

Ayano still being dazed by the light stares blankly at the wall, slowly, a small smile appears on her lips as she closes her eyes and lets Budo embrace her.

"You never learn do you?" Ayano mumbles under her breath.