"Who are you....and what do you mean...middle?"

"....Fuhuhu...I forgot that humans have no knowledge of the after world..." She says as she stops right behind Ayano. "I'm a demon of lust...and....You, my dear, are currently in the middle between life and death."

A small gasp escapes Ayano, she didn't think she would be in this position, not ever. Though, she did had some close calls with rivals but none of them were able to defeat her and now here she was in the middle for protecting a boy who wasn't even her Senpai. Tears started to brimmed her eyes as she realized she might not have the chance to able to confess her love to Senpai nor hear his reply. She would never see him again.

"Don't look so scared you still have a chance to live. There is a special light you can find here that will bring you back to reality." The Demon assures looking at Ayano was small smile on her face.

"R-Really...?"

"Mhm~!"

Ayano immediately lets out a sigh of relief she still had a chance to make it, she was given a sliver of hope now but suddenly the demon woman spoke again.

"That is...if I let you...." her beautiful voice was replaced with a voice distorted and vile much like what a demon would actually sound like.

"W-What...?" Ayano taken back looks at the woman in shock as she backs away from her.

"Did you really think I would let you leave me!?" The woman says with her beautiful face peeling away in the most grotesque way. Her Face was nothing but bloody skeletal remains and thick rotten flesh, it was a sight no one should ever seen. The grotesque woman starts to approach Ayano with arms outstretched to her. Ayano felt herself fall back in fear and stare in horror at the woman, she had seen sights like these before in crimes and movies but never like this. As the woman comes closer to her, Ayano starts to shuffle herself away from her, this had to be a dream there was no way this could be real.

The woman suddenly throws herself onto Ayano who just in a nick of time rolls away to dodge her, she could feel the fear and adrenaline pumping within in her but she didn't feel her heart beating. Ayano touched her chest and pressed her hand hard against it to try to feel her heart beat but it was silent.

"Heheh...in the middle you have no heart beat, and the only way to leave is finding the light which requires a single heart beat." The woman says in a shrill voice as she picks herself off, little by little the flesh peels away from the woman's body and drops to the ground like mush.

"W-What do you want with me..!!?" Ayano says in a panicked voice, she was scared, maybe even more scared than the thought of losing Senpai. She wanted to escape, she wanted to go home, She wanted to live.

"I want that stable, young body of yours, I want to wear it." The woman says as she picks up mushy flesh on the ground and raises it to her. "One that will last me beyond its expiration date." She then squeezes the mush in her hands and lets it go as the wad was now liquefied.

Ayano's eye widen in fear, the woman wanted her body to wear it for herself. She could imagine the incredible pain of her body being ripped from her by the hands of this insane demon woman. Without thinking,  Ayano turns away and runs into the pitch black darkness. She could hear the echo of the woman's shrill laughter far behind her as she attempts to find a way out of here.

She was on the verge of life and death and the only key to finding the light was if her heart would beat.

"HAHAHHAAHAHAH!!!" The shrill laughter of the woman was getting louder and she could hear heavy stomping behind her. What made it worst was when she looked back and saw nothing but darkness but that laughter, the demon was using the darkness as an advantage and immediately Ayano's anxiety skyrocketed like it never had done before.