The Monster Café

THE MONSTER CAFÉ

by: MariaNgiti (Smile Obispo)

Language: Tagalog / Filipino / Taglish

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual events, actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

All rights reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

If you knew you live in a world where monsters are real, would you still be able to sleep?

Being a daughter of a former coffee shop owner, and also a broke college student, 19-year-old Haven Ibarra decided to apply as an employee in the most famous coffee shop in the province of Cavite, the Soulful Cups' café.

Agad-agad naman siyang natanggap and everything was going well with her first day... until that one time when she saw the café shop owner named Soul Gaviola...

...eating a customer.

Is this café what it really seems to be?

"Humans are just monsters dressed in fine clothing." - Haven Ibarra

•••

author's note:

hi. for such a long, long time, ito na uli ako at magsisimula ng panibagong nobela.

i admit i am not that good of a writer. i had a lot of great ideas for my stories pero kadalasan ay hindi ko sila maisulat...

this story is a product of my determination—determination to start anew.

i admit i'm not proud of my previous novels, it seemed a bit childish of me to write something like that, pero i still couldn't take them off here on wattpad because i know that my 15-year-old self did her best to write the stories in her mind at the time.

and right now, here's my 21-year-old self, presenting to you a new novel—a novel i feel like i could be proud of when i finished writing it.

though since this is wattpad, i'm treating the chapters i upload here as my drafts, so please expect typographical errors and other types of errors. i will still try my best to lessen it though.

if you're still reading this, thank you. thank you for giving me a chance.

and i hope you enjoy this journey with me. ♡

Maria Ngiti
smileian obispo