This Seems Like The Dawn

Start from the beginning

"After that all his guilt and dejection and loneliness got into him. He manipulated himself that his brother was still alive, and he became his brother himself. He developed his DID. And it destroyed him in ways I never imagined existed."
Elise's eyes were evident of sorrow and regrets.

" I understand that you had your reasons Elise. But I can't get myself convinced after all of this. I mean, how could I? Ethan has killed his own father, he has DID something. But that's not what matters, above all you have kept this from me. How do you think I will be okay with it? If you had your justifications then why didn't you let me know." I had to raise my voice, I made my point clear.

"I know it's hard for you Savannah. And I know nothing can justify the fact that we kept you away from the truth, but trust me it was for your own good. I didn't want his past to affect the good future you both can have. I had no other choice Savannah"

I was still not convinced, but I didn't want to argue anymore. Afterall it was not her fault either.

I sighed before I parted my lips to speak.
"But after all that David did to you why didn't you leave Elise. Why did you stay."

Elise looked into my eyes with hers that were welled with tears.
" Right after he killed Amelia I wanted to leave, I couldn't imagine staying here anymore. I almost eloped, but Ethan and Hunter were just kids, they ran to and asked me if I was leaving them with their watery blue eyes. After that I could not leave them. They needed me, they had lost their mother and they had nothing else to loose. So decided to stay no matter what." I can see that she was happy about taking care of the boys. She had no regrets.

"You sacrificed yourself for them Elise." I spoke in awe.
She let out a breathy giggle.

"I wouldn't call it a sacrifice Savannah. I was selfish. Amelia was my friend. I was nothing without her. She let me stay and gave me a life although she knew her husband was into me. Without her I would've been on roads. Left alone and wasted. This was the least I could do to her. And after all I considered them my own children. They were the only people I knew in this whole world. We don't call it a sacrifice when we do it for our own children Savannah."

Not until I had the salty taste of tears on my lips did I realise I was crying.

"I'm sorry Savannah, I didn't mean to upset you. I'm so sorry dear."

"No, no Elise it's not- it's okay. I'm just glad Ethan had you." I said while pulling her into a hug.

"And one more thing." Elise pulled away from me.

"Do not confront him about his disorder. I mean it." She raised her brows, which made her forehead even more wrinkled.

"What??!! Why??!!" I sounded more surprised than I meant to be.

"Haven't you understood yet Savannah?! He thinks his brother is still alive, imagine how he'd react to that." She had a point but...

"But he has to know, y-you can't hide this from him forever, can you?"

"The last time I tried to do that, he ended up being at the hospital in the psychotic ward. It took him weeks to bounce back to normal."
At this point I couldn't control my tears.
"I'm sorry dear, I'm making you cry over and over again."

"No I just don't know how am I gonna deal with this. All of this is too much overwhelming."

"Listen to me dear, you can do this. You're strong enough. You don't have to confront him. Make him realise."
She stressed over her last sentence.

"You're the only one who can do this. If not for you, no one else can. Trust yourself Savannah."
I couldn't bring myself to speak, I just nodded in response.

"Okay honey, you should rest. Try to get some sleep. I'll be downstairs, if you want something I'm one call away." She spoke, trying to strengthen me.

I watched as she left the room. Here I am all alone in this huge room. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. It was as if I was losing my mind. That was too much to take in for a day.

I woke up from the mattress and teetered towards the balcony. The sun was set and something about the night made me wanna hide under the covers. I exhaled before inhaling deeply. I repeated that several times before I felt slightly at ease. But that was long gone when I heard the door open. I was not sure who I was expecting but I was not ready to face anybody, let alone Ethan.

"Hey." Ethan whispered from behind me, holding the sides of my arms gripping the bruises.

"Ssss." I hissed in pain.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." He spoke softly, oozing love. I didn't know how to speak to him, while the bruises that he inflicted are still fresh on me. So I decided to simply nod.

"And, I'm sorry, I'm extremely sorry. I can't explain how sorry I am." The most dumbest part of me expected that he had realised it was him and not Hunter.

"Hunter shouldn't have done that." And there, all my hopes shattered. How much of a fool am I, to think he must've realised. I have done nothing about it and I'm expecting credits already.

"I'm sure he was out of his mind when he did that to you. And I assure you he'll pay for it. Life hasn't been easier for him either. I don't expect you to forgive him or not even me, I know I'm in no place to ask you for forgiveness. But I promise I'll be there with you, we'll handle this together. Remember, for better or for worse."

Without having any second thoughts I threw myself at him, hugged him as tightly as possible and I was crying my heart out. How did I forget that I was irrevocably in love with this man. I can never hate him even if I wanted to.

"I love you" I whispered to him, sinking in the comfort of his warm hand raking through my hair.

"Love you more." He replied to me which made me smile. He made my reflexes really faster.

I leaned back and spoke up.
"I'm sorry about your mother. Elise told me." I didn't mention his father because I was not sorry for his death, he deserved it.

"She did. I'm sorry I must've told you earlier. But I... I couldn't tell you. I was afraid of losing you." He spoke with true regret.

"Hey, it's okay. It- it's fine. I understand. Just know that I'm always there for you. No matter what happens, I'll love you. Always and forever." I had no control over my words. Those words were apparently from the bottom of my heart.

To my surprise Ethan just nodded to my words and then placed a wet kiss over my forehead and helped me walk my way towards the bed.

He helped me with my dinner before helping me get ready for bed. Once I was done with it Ethan pulled the covers over my chest and whispered a good night in my ears and left the room before I could even say anything.

And there I knew our conversation wasn't over yet.

_______________________________________

Author's note:

Hello lovelies, hope you're doing good. First off happy New year all. I know I'm a bit late but still... Well that was another huge chapter, but I hope you liked it. Do need your love and support ❣️❣️
Laters guys ❣️❣️