Chapter 11

When she pulled the handle, a space large enough for one person appeared. Each room had a secret room set up, a secret of which only the owner of the room was aware. This was also to be her hideout, prepared in case of an unfortunate event.

Usually, the explanation of the hideout would be written in a secret note by the head of the family, and only the owner of the room would read it. Aria, who had never been recognized as a member of the count's family in her previous life, only figured out that such a secret space existed a month before her death.

And she had come across it by chance when she had been going crazy with jealousy of the triumphant Mielle and the unyielding reality she was living. Aria, who had been out of her mind at that time, had destroyed everything in the frames and on the walls of her room. Dozens of objects had been scattered over the floor, and one of the vases that she had thrown had accidentally hit the switch on the wall, revealing the secret location to her.

'Despite all that, I couldn't use it when it really mattered.'

Since she hadn't hidden in the situation where she should have hidden, when her death had neared, Aria decided to use the secret space that she had never, which she had never used in her previous life, for the hourglass that had given her life back.

Knock!

As soon as she hid the hourglass, there was a rough knock on the door. It seemed that the faithful dogs had arrived. As soon as she beckoned them, the knights hurriedly entered the room, each with a glass of water for Aria. They bent to one knee as if they were bearing gifts to a god, and Aria smiled brightly as she accepted each of their cups.

"Look after me from now on."

'My cute puppies!'

***

Aria soon returned Mielle's dress. She didn't even wash it because she wanted to get the dress out of her hands as soon as possible.

Mielle's face looked strange when she looked at Aria returning the dress without a tear. She had probably thought that Aria would return her dress in a terrible state.

Of course, Aria had had plenty of desire to do so, but after learning that committing such misdeeds would only make her feel a little better at the moment while causing her situation to become aggravated, later on, she didn't do that.

Moreover, countless people had watched her borrow the dress from Mielle, so she couldn't return it in a mess. First of all, the man with that hideous stare might come to look for the owner of the dress, so the dress had to be kept safe right in Mielle's dressing room.

"Now that I've purchased some clothes, there won't be a situation where I will need to borrow them from you."

"You can borrow more, but I'm glad for now."

Mielle, who had no idea of what Aria was thinking to herself, felt relieved. Then, Aria smiled gently as she faced Mielle.

It seemed vaguely clear to Aria what Mielle had thought in the past when she had cleverly harassed her. The practice was more fun and amusing than she had thought. That was why Mielle had harassed her for so long.

'Dumb bitch! I hope that man mistakes me for Mielle.'

It wouldn't have happened if it had been in the future. Mielle had a very different appearance, tone, airy atmosphere from Aria then, but apart from that, all other external features were the same: bright blond hair, porcelain skin, average height and similar age. Lastly, they were both young ladies of the Roscents. Mielle and Aria had many characteristics in common.