"Who said I will pick the call again?"

"...."

"....."

"Kuroo are you there? Don't die on me."

"Shall I continue to serenade you?"

"Yeah. That's better than suddenly going silent."

You saw a couple of guys laughing near a table while another guy was bickering with the waiter.

"(f/n)! There you are. Come come."
The other dude is none other than your boyfriend now he was waving you over.

You introduced yourself in tracks while Kuroo's colleagues were all in suits.

I feel out of place.

"(l/n) san, we are gonna head home now. Our cabs are waiting. We were waiting for you to come because Kuroo san did not agree to get a cab."

"I'm so sorry you had to deal with this thing-I mean him. Thank you so much for your hard work."

You kept bowing to show your respects for his kind colleagues.

"Kuroo where is your tie?"

He pointed his vest pocket and took out the tie like a magician getting ready for his next trick.

"What if your colleagues are acting kind because you had some important info? Like in those office dramas?" you asked skeptically because this was the first time you have seen them but they did look familiar.

"Don't be silly. They are nice kids."

Says the person who is wasted.

Surprisingly, Kuroo could walk well. He had an arm around your shoulder for support but his office bag made both of you align to one side while getting out of the sushi bar.

"Wait?!"
The waiter kid came in running.

"Again! Again! Again! Stop trying to steal my girlfriend from me just because you are younger and more handsome than me. He was the one who stole my phone to call you. Scold him!"

Are you serious?

He didn't seem to let this go so you went along.

"Yeah, Mr Why are you stealing my boyfriend's phone? I'm his. Remember that," is what you said while your facial expression was very apologetic.

Kuroo gave a peck with satisfaction and started walking on his own.

"Sorry about that. He is uhm weird. Very weird. You must have come here to give his suit jacket?"

"Uh. Yes. Don't worry about it. I have seen much worse," he said with an angelic smile.

I wonder what horror that smile is hiding.

You both head to a nearby convenience store to get water so that the alcohol in his system is diluted. You were also hungry so you checked for some snacks.