Chapter Twelve

How lucky was I? I have never felt at peace as much I was feeling.

Michael wanted to take me to a restaurant to get some lunch but that wasn't me. We ended up walking in the park. He told me about himself this time not leaving anything out of it. His dad owned several business in the country which he was yet to take over someday. He had had his share of relationships though but they all ended shortly inc he realized it was only for his money.

He apologized so many time for not telling me who he really was but I was not hurt, not anymore that is.

"So what are you going to do with prize money?" He said when we sat on one of the benches in the park.

"Um I haven't really thought about it but now that you've mentioned it, I think I will open a bank account and save it so I can pay for my college someday". I say to him much more to myself happy that somedaybill finally attend college.

"I can help if you don't mind", a sincere smile tugging at his lips.

"Oh no, it's fine you don't have to worry", I say smiling back at him. "Besides I don't like to spend other's money, I believe in earning my own from my hard work".

He seems shocked, which I'm sure is because he was not expecting that reply.

He managed to recompose himself and smile but it didn't reach his eyes.

"I didn't mean to upset you", I was blaming myself. I was mentally slapping myself now.

"I'm just not used to that. I actually appreciate and admire you the more, thank you".

He looked at me like he'd found some treasure that was worth giving up everything he had to acquire.

He dropped me off at my house after we got some ices cream at the park.

"Alright I guess this is goodbye", I say to him while standing in front of the door.

"Thank you for spending time with me, today is the best day of my life, I will treasure it forever", he said his eyes never leaving mine.

We stood there eyes locked at what seemed to be forever and it was very comfortable.

He leaned in and pecked my cheek. And I could feel his breath on my lips as he brushed them to look in my eyes.

I'm very sure I looked like a tomato because I could feel my cheeks redden up as a blush formed all over my face.

It took all I had not to pull him in for a kiss.

"Goodnight Michael, sweet dreams".

"Goodnight Danny, sweet dreams to you too."

I watched him drive away before going in and locking the door behind me.

I took a long shower reflecting on what happened to be the best day of my life.

I slipped out of the shower and put ony nightie and slipped into my bed.

My phone lit up and I saw a text from Michael. A smile already found its way toy lips in anticipation to what the message contained.

Michael: I can't stop thinking about you. I would give anything go spend ally time with you. See you tomorrow. Xoxo.

Me: Goodnight Michael.

Sleep came much faster than I expected.

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Ding! Ding!! Ding!!!
My alarm blared throughout my room. I forced my arm up to search for the snooze button.

I madeh way to the bathroom and did my usual routine which included washing myself, emptying my bladder and brushing my teeth.

I threw on a flowered dress that rested just above my knee. I wasn't really the person that loved make up so I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs.

"Hey dad", I greeted my dad who was reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee.

"Hey pumpkin, how have you been?"

"Actually, I've never felt better", I was beaming.

"I packed you some pancakes, and I'm happy you're happy".

"Thanks dad, I'm going to work", I give him a peck on his cheek a gesture I've grown to love during the past few months.

"Take care of yourself pumpkin", came his reply as made for the entrance.

Fifteen minutes later I was at work. I went to the back and quickly chamged intoy uniform.

Claire and Tess were there when I got to the back but those two were not my friends so aside the 'good morning' we didn't have any personal conversation.

Even though I know very well they witnessed the love scene that played at the entrance yesterday.

"Hey Sam, how have you been?" I ask him when I got to the counter.

"What can I say, it was boring without you yesterday", he said pushing out his bottom lip in a pout.

I couldn't help but chuckle. "How about ice cream?" I ask him with puppy eyes.

Sam and I have become so close and I adore him, I practically love him like the brother I never had.

He's the only friend I've had in a long time and I really cherish that friemdship long enough to know that ice cream is his weakness.

"Fine, I forgive you", he was smiling now.

A/N:If you liked this chapter please don't forget to vote. I appreciate all comments☺.
Till next time, stay safe